Expanding business ? need partner in DR

victorindr

Jan 27, 2012
Hi Guys!

I am so happy to become a part of your community!

I am planning for DR to be a sort of my early retirement location.. basically thinking I will be living there for 4 ? 6 month every year. (I hate winters here in Canada). I operate several online businesses and I am looking into setting up a subsidiary in DR. I have already convinced my partners that it is a good destination to expand to in latin america.

We are now looking for local partner in DR, preferably based in Santo Domingo or nearby. Someone with good understanding of local online marketing and perhaps respective connections in the industry. Would appreciate if anyone can advise or if any of you is actually interested in becoming a part of our enterprise. The business we are specializing in is commonly known as ?penny auction? (example www.quibids.com)

All suggestions are appreciated. Please feel free to respond here or use email button on my profile. Thanks!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hi Guys!

I am so happy to become a part of your community!

I am planning for DR to be a sort of my early retirement location.. basically thinking I will be living there for 4 ? 6 month every year. (I hate winters here in Canada). I operate several online businesses and I am looking into setting up a subsidiary in DR. I have already convinced my partners that it is a good destination to expand to in latin america.

We are now looking for local partner in DR, preferably based in Santo Domingo or nearby. Someone with good understanding of local online marketing and perhaps respective connections in the industry. Would appreciate if anyone can advise or if any of you is actually interested in becoming a part of our enterprise. The business we are specializing in is commonly known as ?penny auction? (example www.quibids.com)

All suggestions are appreciated. Please feel free to respond here or use email button on my profile. Thanks!

You'll find a ton of people overqualified for setting up an internet biz in the DR. But as far as carrying out the actual sales online? Don't jump the tablita yet...

Before you spent the first penny on anything towards that biz model in the DR, spend a few bucks getting oriented on how the CC works here. You'll find out why the majority (99,99%) of DR biz don't sell directly online with CCs...

Most biz that do, have their own car setups or negotiated a direct ACH with a major bank, rather that the usual CARDNET and company pipelines...

After that orientation, you need to set up an account with the local TransUnion service if you see the need for in-house credit type of charging.

victorindr

Jan 27, 2012
PICHARDO, this is precisely why we are looking for local partner :) I am somewhat (reading this forum) aware about situation with CC usage. Thanks for the advice. Aside of the subsidy setup, we will need local partner’s help with domestic logistics, collections and etc.

Feb 7, 2007
Many DR online businesses use PayPal. PayPal even allows charging you in RDP, but the exchange rate is worse (for the consumer) than if you charge in USD and the bank charges % of the exchange rate fee together.