Hotel Ballenas Escondidas?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Setting up for my second trip to Samana (now that the whales have finally arrived!) and this time I'll be with my dad who's coming down on vacation :) I've been looking at different places close to the town of Samana and Hotel Ballenas Escondidas has caught my eye and reviews seem quite good. Anyone been there recently? Pros / Cons? We're just looking for an oceanfront spot with clean rooms and good food.

Thanks!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I did, but it was 3 years ago. I heard they changed owners since - FWIW when we were there it was very good indeed - lovely location, charming accommodation, great food. A little on the pricey side maybe.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I did, but it was 3 years ago. I heard they changed owners since - FWIW when we were there it was very good indeed - lovely location, charming accommodation, great food. A little on the pricey side maybe.

From what I've read on Tripadvisor it's a french couple that are there now. Rate is actually not too bad, especially considering the dates, RD$3000/night for a room with 2 beds, a/c and hot water.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They were French - from Corsica - not sure if the people who are there now are the same ones.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Same owners, lovely rooms, quiet, clean, comfortable. Swell pool, lovely view, sweet beach, good rates. Why wait? ;-)

Thanks for the recommendation. I already went ahead and booked it yesterday. Looking forward to the trip!