moving

L

Latavia

My fiance and I may be moving to the D. R. to study Spanish at one of the Universities. We are planning to stay for 1 year. Our internhip may be with an organization like the Assocaition of Foreign Investment for example. We would like any information about the following: money, transportation in DR, culture, tips, etc.

What is a decent salary for recent college graduates?

How hard is it to get a job, if we get there and the money isn't enough?

How hard is it to function with basic Spanish phrases?

What cities would you recommend for visiting or not?

What should we take from the US to D.R.?

How difficult is it to connect with the US? internet? library books?

Our goal is to be fluent upon our arrival back into the US. We don't want to function as Americans in DR. We want to experience live as the habitations experience.

Latavia

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

You may want to read a discussion that is presently going on in this forum that started about June 12 with a subject called "money" by a person who wants to relocate here on a job offer from a jeweler and all subsequent replies including a series under "You are way off Joe" and "Grahame you are dreaming" of my own posting.

It is interesting how some people think the Dominican Republic is inexpensive lo live in, but other people think the contrary. I for one believe this is one of the most expensive countries in the world. Check out the comments, and if the discussion continues with your inquiry, I will join in to enlighten you more.