*Mama Juana*

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Hey there, my husband clay, (don't know if you remember him....) we were talking about making a new batch of mama Juana...and u popped in my mind as a resource!!! The last few batches we made were just so so...not near as good as we go there in Puerto Plata. Do you have a recipe that you use that you would share? We have several bags of the roots left that we'd bought when we were there.

I do not drink it and I would like to assist her in this endeavor. Would anyone in this forum have or know someone who may have an authentic recipe for this ?mama Juana?and is willing to share it with a friend of mine?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I can only tell you how we make it at work. if you already have the roots in the bottle, do this:

1.) boil water and pour it inside the bottle. let it sit for a few minutes, then pour it out. do this a couple of times...it gets rid of all of the small, microscopic plant stuff.
2.) pour wine, honey, and rum into the bottle. Some people like equal parts wine and rum...it all depends on your taste.
3.) let it sit and ferment for a few days.
4.) come back to it after it has sat fermenting and drink. Wait for it to kick in, and then mate like rabbits.
5.) Drink everytime you feel the urge to mate with something. When my girlfriend is not around, I practice dry-humping a St. Francis Bird Feeder Statue out back. I suggest you do the same. They're the right size.

Frank

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
This is the recipe of our cleaning lady, and it is damn good.

Assuming you use new wood.

1) put wood in bottle, almost to the top. Boil water, and rinse couple of times
2) pour in cheapest rum you can buy, so wood is covered.
3) let it sit for 2 to 3 weeks
4) pour this rum into other bottle, you cannot drink it, but you can use it later to make a second bottle (it tastes enormously bitter, actually)
5) pour in about an inch of honey for one of the big bottles
6) throw in one big stick of cinnamon
7) fill up 3/4 of the way with a dorado rum
8) top of with regular red wine.
9) let somebody hide the bottle so you do not know where it is, as you should let it sit for a couple of days

As longs as you keep the wood wet, you can reuse it every time, and forget step 1 to 4

Enjoy

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
When my girlfriend is not around, I practice dry-humping a St. Francis Bird Feeder Statue out back. I suggest you do the same. They're the right size. Frank

Ah, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Frank, for the love of every Dominican nun who ever visited steel ruler torture on my lad-ish hands, I commend your royal rogering of the good St. Francis....may he enjoy every sacreligious moment!