Playa Caribe

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
When we stayed in Boca Chica a couple of years ago we did a trip by bus to Playa Caribe and had a very good time there cuz its pretty much opposite to Boca Chica Beach (very little people, lots of waves). When we were there there was a pretty decent restaurant. Can anyone tell me if this restaurant still exists?

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Playa Caribe is indeed a nice beach. But regarding "catering" it did have it ups and dows.

Although Playa Caribe is a small nice beach, it has ups and downs:
A few years they demolished the concrete building to the right. You had a restaurant and nice seating on the beach. There were a while DJ concerts at night. In other periods it was rather a dump.
I was there a few months. The beach furniture (chairs, umbrellas) was rather run down and I didn't see a functioning restaurant or food stand, on a weekday.
I hope someone has more recent advise.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
When we stayed in Boca Chica a couple of years ago we did a trip by bus to Playa Caribe and had a very good time there cuz its pretty much opposite to Boca Chica Beach (very little people, lots of waves). When we were there there was a pretty decent restaurant. Can anyone tell me if this restaurant still exists?

The hotel and restaurant are long gone....still it's my favorite beach in the area, no rocks in the water, nice waves, very peaceful during the week. I was there about a month ago midweek. There is a little stand off to the left that has take out chicken, etc....