Hoyo Azul Cap Cana

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Looking for something new to do last weekend, other than the beach, (tough in B?varo) I went searching for a blue lagoon I had heard about in Cap Cana. The "Hoyo Azul", as they call it, is located in a far corner of Cap Cana's property. You would never find it unless someone told you.

To arrive, enter Cap Cana at the main gate and follow the road all the way to the first rotunda for Farall?n, make a right. When you get to the next rotunda, make another right. This will take you out to a dirt road. Make a left here. Follow the dirt road for about 1/2 mile and you will see a sign on the left hand side that reads "Sendero Hoyo Azul" You will be required to pay $10 pp at the office another 1/4 mile down the road, on the right hand side. This may sound like a rip off but remember that Punta Cana charges $25 pp if you want to swim in their lagoons: Ojos Ind?genas.

The lagoon is a short walk, maybe 10 minutes from the main road. The depression around the lagoon has created a mico-climate and you will be surrounded by humid forest. The water radiates an intriguing blue tone that beautifully contrasts the grey stone above. The pictures speak for themselves.

Just thought I would share this because we people out East are always looking for something else to do other than the beach. This is a nice option. Remember to bring bug repellent. Also note that Cap Cana has a buggy excursion that passes by the Hoyo Azul and a new Zip Line Excursion not far.

SenderoHoyoAzul.jpg

HoyAzulCapCana.jpg

HoyoAzul.jpg

AzulWaterCapCana.jpg

BlueWaterCapCana.jpg

HoyoAzul2.jpg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Very cool! Looks a little like Lago Azul at La Entrada...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They look wonderful and we'll definitely be going one of these days. Not to be confused with the ones you access from Ver?n, which would be beautiful if it wasn't for all the litter. I believe these are part of the same system, but within the boundaries of Cap Cana and not accessible to the public.