night time food in POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
location: mr lunch, puerto plata, calle andres brugal, off luis ginebra, by the stadium, close to the police.
nothing big, nothing special, nothing expensive. nothing more but one of them fast food joints. but the food is good, the prices decent and the place is clean. well worth looking at if you want a late night burger or sandwich. hot dog is 35 pesos, basic burger about 70. and they are big and made of meat, not old salami :) they also have carne and some mexican food. no alcohol but there is a colmado next door and they will let you drink beer/brugal you bought outside.
you may want to go for the most expensive item on the menu - TERMINATOR. it is a sandwich with all types of meat they have, about a meter long. enough to feed two hungry adult men. or one american who needs a bedtime snack ;)

since i am on the subject of food: costambar golf course has now a working restaurant. well, actually it has been open for a couple of months. i tried few dishes - all tasty and fresh. the same owners as taste, in the city center. taste on the golf course, it is called. starters, sandwiches, salads, pastas, burgers and platos fuertes. good food, decently priced. lunch for two will run at about 500-600 pesos, soft drinks included.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I second Mr. Lunch. My favorites are the tacos and burritos. They're good, fresh, and reasonably priced.