Biographer/ Screenwriter who speaks Spanish ??

mkberg

Aug 29, 2011
Any one happen to know of a Spanish speaking biographer or screen writer so my novia can tell the world about her crazy Dominican life?

Thanks!!

(If this person is a 'trust worthy Dominican that is a plus!)

mkberg

Aug 29, 2011
I wonder what's so interesting about her life that most of us haven't seen yet?

Greetings Frank,

You are correct. All of us have interesting lives and stories to tell. Doesn't matter if European, American, Canadian or Dominican, or am Iraqi kid who watches id family get blown up by bombs thanks to the rest of the world who willingly watches.

The point here is that by starting this post my intention in no way is to suggest that because she has had a 'crazy' life it deserves special attention. 'Crazy' is up to interpretation and your personal view of the world.

Everyone, every single human on this great Earth has a story. Some have a desire to tell them. In this case the preferred medium is a book or screenplay. I did not post that to receive witty, un-productive comments from angry ex-pats, whom many have a story to tell of 'having the dream of going 'offshore' because its the Perfect Thing and then investing their life-savings with one man, and then later losing it all.'

That is a story of financial ignorance.

If you would like to contribute positively, and seeing what this really is: a desire to tell one's story, and share the experience of one individuals life to the world, because they don't see any other thing to do, and see minimal options besides prostitution and being used and abused, then perhaps you will read this story.

Sharing one's experience with others provides healing for the story teller, and a medium for those who read it, or know the story to learn from it, resulting in something that the reader can take away and utilize in their own lives.

Who knows, perhaps the story wishing to be known will provide inspiration for someone and change their life.

I would respectfully like to recommend a great book to you. It is out of print, however I believe there are copies on Amazon and eBay. [h=1]Steps to Freedom by Reshad Feild[/h]
Amazing book.

I wonder how you will tell your story. Even if you don't think its worth telling, with 7 billion people on the planet I'm sure someone would like to know it. I personally am curious about your story in the DR. For all of us gringos (assuming you are one) surely have a story to tell. This country doesn't attract just anyone.....for we are all 'crazy'.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Was going to write a story about my life....................

BORING...............
Except what I have on video.................:pirate:

B in Santiago

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I can do it... but dont speak spanish. I'll be in DR in september. I am currently working on a documentary about a guy from Bosnia and what happened during war in ex yougoslavia... :)

mkberg

Aug 29, 2011
Many times I've been told to write a book about my experiences but I doubt many people would believe me so I just keep my stories for the nights around the campfire. ;)

All the more reason to write them, or least talk into the recorder... The more far out the better. And what better place than the Dominican to create them??

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
To the OP, I am currently in the final stages of editing my biography -well the story of my life in the DR as it was boring before I came here! I cannot help as I am too busy and although I speak and write Spanish it would not be to the standard she would want. However I am more than happy to talk her through the important things to bear in mind and run her through all the different publishing options. Just pm me if interested.

Matilda

Feb 7, 2007
I am just wondering why all these newbies come to the board, ask the question and when they don't like the answer they start attacking by claiming they are being attacked, ridiculed, etc., ALL of them saying somewhere in their further replies "if you don't have anything productive to say, don't bother responding". I mean, this is so cliche now. Come on man, this is an INTERNET forum where you get all kinds of replies, FREE replies. Some good, some not so good. If you want 100% productive to-the-point replies, just go to JUSTANSWER.com