ipads costs in DR?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Can anyone give me a rundown of the costs of the 2nd gen with wi-fi only, and wi-fi + 3G, and 3rd gen with wi-fi only and wi-fi and 3G.
Also what mi-fi unit you purchased, how much for the unit and which model if it works well.

Thanks.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Pricesmart has them reasonable priced, if you would have to order them from amazon and have them sent by eps or something like that I would buy at Pricesmart. They are about 100 bucks more expensive than in USA

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, the same pd I just bought is about 100 pounds more expensive than here in the UK. Just tossing up whether to send one in or just have them buy in country. A bit of a saving, but not actually as much as I expected. 100quid diff on the new gen is not bad for DR.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I saw iPad 2 in Pricesmart in Santiago last month: it was 30,000 pesos for the 32GB model - w/o 3G I think. They didn't have any other models.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a new IPad WiFi only I bought in the States. Works great over here. But one thing, if you get one when you set up the Itunes store do not say you are in the DR. Say you are in the US. Because you can't buy most apps here if you set it up with a DR address. It won't take DR credit or Debit cards also. What I did was give US original location and I just put in ITunes cards you can buy in the US or online and it works fine to buy apps.

Jan 17, 2009
Alternatively, create an Apple ID in the US. You can probably do it using a VPN, but of course, you need to have a US credit card to purchase. I have that so no problem, but lately I've been using discounted iTunes cards. They appear every now and then on Bestbuy.com.

I too suggest that your purchase it in the US. The Apple Store online will not ship internationally, but other vendors may. If you have someone you know here with an EPS account, that's probably the cheapest way to go. Shipping would be around $15, and you will then have to pay 16% ITBIS. The Apple Store online does not include receipts with their shipments so that could be a problem if customs value it at the price in the DR. Well, that is if they know what it is. I purchased an iMac a few months bak and since they didn't know what it was, they charge me ITBIS based on the price of a cheap monitor. I didn't complain. ;)