a quick question on residency permanant card.

A

azb

Please asnwer this question if you have correct information. I am renewing my temporary residency to the permanant residency. the problem is the my temporary card had been expired more than 1 and a half year ago. should that be a problem when i apply for the permanent card? What steps should I take to prevent any problems?
thanks in advance

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

From what I heard in the news about the DR Immigration Department asking all foreigners who have not reported their status to visit their offices and formalize their situation, I dont see any problem. Based on your status and your qualifications renewal should be automatic. I suggest you just call them and get instructions.

The people who would be having problems are those with overextended visitors visas and illegal aliens.

K

KenDP

I extended a card that was at least a year overdue because I had been out of country. No problems. The fact that the government is "urging" all foreigners to "regularize" their situation asap makes it even less likely you'll have difficulty. Worst I think you can expect is that renewal will be retroactive, thus requiring you to renew sooner. Good luck.

E

Eddy

You will have to start the process all over. - ie. medical, buena conducta, sponsors etc. The new office is on the malecon near foresteria's building. Service is now very well organized and fast.