living and working in the Dominican Republic?

W

Wim Kleyn

We are a Belgian family with two children( 4 and 6 years old) and we want to settle us in this lovely country.
Cabarete we visited and we think that will be a nice place to live and maybe to work.
I have some experience as an entertainer and tourguide as well as my wife. I speak fluently English, French, Germain, Dutch and now i'm learning Spanish.
We need a lott off information about school, work, etc.

Thankx

Wim

M

mia

search the archives, this is a subject that is discusssed very often....

K

KenDP

With your language skills and experience, you shouldn't have any trouble getting work in the tourism industry. Check with Iberdom, for example, they are big and may be looking for people with your skills. A place to start would be calling Minnie Maalea, manager of the Puerto Plata office: 586-5999. She could tell you how to proceed if interested in employment with Iberdom.

A

azb

Make sure you bring in enough money to be able to live on your own for 6-8 months. Jobs are not very easy to find in the north coast and many small hotels are closing in that area. Tourism is booming in la romana and punta cana locations but the north coast is suffering for the moment.
With your language skills you have a better chance of getting a job in tourism but spanish is very important.
Just remember, money is not easy to make in dom. rep.