Herrerra airport

D

Dave

Can someone tell me how far apart the two Santo Domingo airports are? I fly in to Las Americas, then my next flight leaves from Herrerra. Cost for transport between the two? Thanks a bunch.

D

DR1

Herrera is about 40-60 minutes away from Las Americas, depending on the traffic. The airport taxi ride should be around US$20.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Herrera airport

Distance is about 30 minutes, with heavy traffic about 45 minutes to one hour. Taxi Paraiso is about RD$300(US$18)and Apolo Taxi is RD$350(US$20). Of course, airport taxi service sometimes can have spotty ranges, but anything over that is getting overcharged. For best results try using yellow cabs(bright yellow vans or light yellow hyundais).Avoid cabs that look like beat up junk pieces from a ghetto area. Anything over 5 years is unsafe(no insurance, no safety belts,old rebuilt tires and possibly liquid gas tanks for fuel)

D

DR1

Re: Herrera airport

From the airport to the city the airport taxi union rate is RD$325 (about US$20). The union considers Herrera Airport to be on the outskirts of Santo Domingo and the union rate is RD$400 (US$25). These are set fees, not so easily negotiated. Taxi Paraiso and Apolo Taxi are good choices for going from Herrera to the Airport, not from the airport to the city. Called Apolo Taxi and they say they will not answer calls from customers already at the airport for trips into the city. They do not want problems with the airport union.