Just go over it with me please, civil marriage.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Civil for a Brit to a Dominican.

Birth certificates, translated by authorised translator.
where exactly did you go to have it legalised, and did you do anything before hand like have to visit the British embassy?
So then you need an affidavit, was this in English, Spanish does it matter? My lawyer wants to do one in Spanish, and with Dominican requirements. The English version asks for parents details, the Dominican version doesn't. How much and which version?
So now you want to arrange the wedding, where exactly did you go, how much did you pay, and was there any more paperwork to be done?

I ask as I may have to start this all again, and would like to get it done right this time. And the British embassy is as helpful as a kick in the gutts! And all the Dominican offices I visit contradict each other. I think I even doubt my lawyer at this time!

If you are going to advise me could you not leave anything out, it seems the little things make big problems and for this my wedding may need to be delayed.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I would recommend that you take all your documents to the office of the judge who is going to marry you and ask her or him what is needed. That is the person who has the ultimate decision. That is what we did and we never needed a lawyer.

I would do as DR_Guy said and go to the office and ask the people in office for what you need. Remember to bring something to write on and a pen.
Do not involve a lawyer, its a waste of money when you can do it yourself in an hour. But i am 100% certain your Soon-to-be wife can find out all that you two need if she really wants to get married with you. ( Not to offend you. )
My wife found out everything when we got married, and i just had to show up in the office, and say yes yes and yes.

Last edited: