Very important documents, security!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I have to send some very important and personal documents to DR from UK. Major problem, they need to be going to the embassy to be used as visa application. Obviously this involves very sensitive info that I would prefer no one other than the decision makers at the embassy to see, and besides this I really don't trust anyone not to open these docs if I send them elsewhere.
What I would like to know is if anyone has ever sent documents directly to the embassy for this process, or are there alternative methods to keep my security secure?
i know to call the embassy is the best option, and I will, I just want to hear if and how anyone else over came this problem. There isn't really a secure delivery address for my partner either.

Any info, or tales and experience is appreciated.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Not sure what the issue is. Just send them by DHL. No one is going to open them.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I would send them with DHL, FEDEX or similar, this way you have proof that you sent it and that the other party received it.

rubia1981

Jul 11, 2011
Have the embassy requested these documents be sent direct? I have never heard of sending docs direct to the embassy otherwise. If the application is not already in, then will they not need to be included in that?

Do you not know anyone going there soon who can take them for you? That would probably be the safest and most reliable way of getting them there.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Everything needs to be in by Friday, if sent today then they would be there. The issue is there is no address to send them to. My partner is from campo and does not have a street name, number etc. these documents floating around is a liability. It is my life in one package.
i have tried to contact FedEx to see about a PO box but seem unable to find this out by phone, and online is just as difficult.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Everything needs to be in by Friday, if sent today then they would be there. The issue is there is no address to send them to. My partner is from campo and does not have a street name, number etc. these documents floating around is a liability. It is my life in one package.
i have tried to contact FedEx to see about a PO box but seem unable to find this out by phone, and online is just as difficult.

Have them held at Fed ex for your partner to uplift on production of apropriate ID. Fed ex don't deliver near my home, so I have to uplift from the office close to Ikea (near McDonalds). Never had a problem doing this.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does your partner have a lawyer? documents can be sent to the office.
do they have a bank account? if all parties agreed papers can be sent to the bank.

you can alternatively ship them directly to the embassy (consulate, actually, i think, because they are the one who handle visas). have a set of copies for yourself and send another set to your partner via email or fax (fax can go to the bank, office or any other public place).

and unless you are, in fact, princes diana who faked her accident and the papers hold the proof i would not worry about the secrecy. no one gives a f***.

Feb 7, 2007
Send it by Fedex or UPS with address: Name, "hold for pickup", Santo Domingo plus the phone number of the receiver

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Embassy in UK

Have you considered contacting the nearest Dominican Embassy in the UK.. They may be able to assist you.

Embassy of the Dominican Republic
139 Inverness Terrace
Bayswater
London, W2 6JF

For further information or to discuss particular cases you may call the Embassy's Assisted Information Service:

0905 677 0054

The service is available Monday through Friday, between 10:00am and 5:00pm. Calls to this line are charged at ?1.23/min from BT landlines; some mobile and network providers may charge more. Some mobile and network providers may not be able to access this number.

Fax. 020 7727 3693

? commerce@dominicanembassy.org.uk
? cultural@dominicanembassy.org.uk
? embassy@dominicanembassy.org.uk

Consular Section Embassy of the Dominican Republic
139 Inverness Terrace
Bayswater
London, W2 6JF

Fax. 020 7727 3693

? consulate@dominicanembassy.org.uk

Consulate opening times:
10am to 2pm Monday to Friday
SAT & SUN CLOSED

Regards,

PJT

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
and unless you are, in fact, princes diana who faked her accident and the papers hold the proof i would not worry about the secrecy. no one gives a f***.

Fraud is the concern. This package holds original docs of bank accounts, shares, property, everything from credit card payments to bank statements. My identity would be very easily stolen, assets taken over etc as they do not accept copies, everything has to be original documents, so I give a little f***.

But it's all out of the window for now due to unforeseen issues with other documents.

Thankyou all for the advice, it will come in useful in future.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
DHL. It's the best and safest. No one honestly gives a rat's (bleep) what you send out of this country in an envelope. It's the stuff coming in that gets the interest.

That said, if it looks like a brick of cocaine then you should break it up!