Money Exchange

T

Tony

I am planning on being there by Aug. 2nd We plan to stay for a few days at Hotel Waterfront. What is the rate of money in US dollars on DR pesos at this time. Also.. does anyone know what a compact car rents for? . We need to drive from Puerto Plata to Las Terrenas.... Any other suggestions on where to stay in Puerto Plata? Thanks for the info!!!!

M

mkohn

We stayed at Sofy's B&B in Puerto Plata last week.
The exchange rate was about $RD16.50 to $US1.00.
We were told it would cost about $US75.00 a day for a car.

P

Peter Mueller

Hi Tony

The exchange rate for the US-$ ist very easy to find out because the exchange rate is fixed by the government every week. Best you consult the home page of the Banco Central: www.bancentral.gov.do/

The actual rate is 16.66 DOP.

Peter

A

A. Nony Mouse

You can rent a car at Long Beach in Puerto Plata from Mr.Juan Morales at mich less than US $75 per day. More like half that. Don't take your advice from ocassional visitors who stay at a bed and breakfast.

W

William Leslie

Friends of mine yesterday rented a Nissan Sentra with A/C, auto etc from Payless Car Rentals at the airport (POP) for US$38. per day (2 week rental) Originally they were offered for US$46.00 per day but bargained it down to $38. (I saw it myself) This is much less than $75.pd.

J

jim

if you make your reserv. on line you can get a good deal,i've rented cars with payless for about 30 US per day,bring a copy of your ins.policy,they will try to sell you ins. but you don't need it, if you allready have a car that is insured you are covered.....jim

T

Tony

Re: Payless Car Rental ???

How do I get in touch with "Payless Car rentals" ???

Thanks Tony

W

William Leslie

Re: Payless Car Rental ???

Payless Car Rental..Puerto Plata (Airport) (809)586-0215 Ruben Hidalgo

T

Tony

Re: Payless Car Rental /William

I called Payless....whoa man... they wanted $375.00 for the week in US dollars... Are they crazy... National is MUCH cheaper.... Thanks anayway

W

William Leslie

Re: Payless Car Rental /Tony

As I mentioned above friends of mine 2 nights ago leased a Nissan Sentra for $38. per day. (US$266. per day) I was with them at the time. The agency asked originally for $45. per day but reduced it to $38. with a little bargaining.
Did you tell them you know persons rented for that amount?