Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Apple iTunes account

    Has anyone successfully activated an iTunes account using their Dominican address and BHD visa debit card?

    I'm guessing the problem I'm having is that I don't know what my post code is. I've just entered 12345.

    Are there post codes for the DR?

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, there are.
    Here you go:

    Codigo Postal SDomingo

    Codigo Postal Regiones

    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Has anyone successfully activated an iTunes account using their Dominican address and BHD visa debit card?

    I'm guessing the problem I'm having is that I don't know what my post code is. I've just entered 12345.

    Are there post codes for the DR?

  3. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Try 5 zeros (00000) for the zip, it works for me.

  4. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Your BHD card will not work. The best way to do this is to open another account (you can have more than one account) and say you are in the US. Then fund it with ITune cards. You can find them on Ebay, by Email. You punch in the code and you are good to go.

    Another thing, if you have a Dominican Account you are severely limited in what apps you can purchase. It is not the same as a US account.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Your BHD card will not work. The best way to do this is to open another account (you can have more than one account) and say you are in the US. Then fund it with ITune cards. You can find them on Ebay, by Email. You punch in the code and you are good to go.

    Another thing, if you have a Dominican Account you are severely limited in what apps you can purchase. It is not the same as a US account.
    That's a great idea thanks!

  6. #6
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Your BHD card will not work.
    I have a Dominican iTunes account using my Banco Popular card, no problems. Why would BHD not work?

    Yes, the USA store is much better than the Dominican store and the gift card route works great.

  7. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I have a Dominican iTunes account using my Banco Popular card, no problems. Why would BHD not work?

    Yes, the USA store is much better than the Dominican store and the gift card route works great.
    Why BHD does not work, I have no idea. But I tried with mine and it did not work. Another way to simply fund a US account here is to have a friend buy a card in the US and just give you the code to enter. Either way, the DR account had next to nothing in the way of Apps compared to the US account.

    This may be off base on this thread but try Mercury Browser instead of Safari. It blows Safari away with speed and features. For 99 cents take a flyer on it. Trust me.

  8. #8
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Mercury Browser instead of Safari. It blows Safari away with speed and features. For 99 cents take a flyer on it. Trust me.
    Chrome is also nice, both for OSX and iOS. Although the new version of Safari with Mountain Lion screams!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •