Peurto Plata Airport

P

Paul

Hi I was wondering if anyone could send me some information on how good the Peurto Plata International Airport is for duty free goods, perfumes, alcohol etc. Thanks.

Z

Zed

Hi you stiff!
Wait till next week and you will know yourself! only 6 days!!!!!!!!

P

Phyllis

There are many, many different kinds of perfume, alcohol.. etc you shouldn't have a problem finding anything you want.

B

bonnie

Paul.

Just departed 20 days ago. You can find any of these items in the airport. There are three areas to purchase items at the airport.

1. Outside before going to the ticket counter
2. Inside bottom floor Duty Free area just past immigration is a large area with many vendors selling all kinds of alcohol, perfume, and Dominican goods.
3. On the second floor Duty Free area in the center of the waiting area where the airline departure gates are.

Prices will vary from place to place, I thought the best prices were at the bottom floor Duty Free area were best, but I did not buy anything, just looked. You really need to look carefully at the volume of items. I looked at one type of alcohol and thought it was cheeper somewhere else then noticed that there there 4 different sizes of the same product, each with a different price of course. So when you compare be sure the size is the same.

I don't think the Duty Free shops will bargin.

bonnie green

G

Grahame Bush

Paul,
Alcohol & perfumes are readily available at much lower costs in Puerto Plata itself. The perfumes are very good replicas of the 'Real Thing' at about 50% of the "Duty Free" price. IF you can spend five minutes checking prices when you arrive (this used to be easy to do as you walked through Duty Free on the way to immigration, but I am not sure this is still the case) & make a note of costs of items you may want to purchase. Then visit town (not the hotel or complex plaza - town itself!!) & check out the prices there. Any thing NOT imported will generally be a LOT cheaper. Have a good holiday & spend LOTS of money here - we NEED it!!!

Talk21 ??? Are you from the UK? Regards - GB.

M

Milli

Expensive....buy all your duty free items aboard the aircraft. It its rum or other items you are looking to purchase...go to the cities to purchase them to pay little.