What rights for baby of Dominican Mother and Father is American citizen?

Warmshaft

Aug 23, 2012
Good Evening..

I was reading a thread in DR1.com where there was a discussion about child support and payments. I'm a US citizen and I believe I have gotten someone pregnant in DR. I have sent money for her to get an abortion and she told me she got these pills (administered one to the mouth and two to the vagina) and I've found out she could still possible be having the child.

-We are not married
-Is it possible she could come after me for child support?
-I'm unemployed right now but, prayerfully plain to gain employment soon.
-I'm sure the child will be born and raised in DR as I saw her stomach on skype today.

I feel like a total jackass.. Serious replies appreciated. :(

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Good Evening..

I was reading a thread in DR1.com where there was a discussion about child support and payments. I'm a US citizen and I believe I have gotten someone pregnant in DR. I have sent money for her to get an abortion and she told me she got these pills (administered one to the mouth and two to the vagina) and I've found out she could still possible be having the child.

-We are not married
-I'm sure the child will be born and raised in DR as I saw her stomach on skype today.

Why worry? You were brave enough to dive in there without a condom and that was the most dangerous part. You already feal like a "jackass" and you won't be the first nor the last man to support someone else's child (maybe), if you think it's yours, do the right thing until you can do a DNA paternity test. As far as child support goes, you are jumping the gun a bit. DNA test firstly, and depending on the results, child support. My kingdom for a condom. :)
Good luck!!

Warmshaft

Aug 23, 2012
It's also possible someone else knocked her up.

That's always possible but, unlikely in this case.. I believe it's mine.

Why worry? You were brave enough to dive in there without a condom and that was the most dangerous part. You already feal like a "jackass" and you won't be the first nor the last man to support someone else's child (maybe), if you think it's yours, do the right thing until you can do a DNA paternity test. As far as child support goes, you are jumping the gun a bit. DNA test firstly, and depending on the results, child support. My kingdom for a condom. :)
Good luck!!

Understood. But, given everything I've stated above is true what can be done as asked.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Guess that "Warm Shaft" got you into trouble!!!?
You are being "SCAMMED",DR Style!!!
Send no more money!
"IF" you want to come back and CHECK,you can.
You will be ordered to have a "DNA" test on the baby. If it is yours,you will be ordered to pay some small amount of child support.
She will probably have moved on to her "Next Victim" long before that!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It is the same situation where ever you are in the world, no different in DR.

There is no need to feel like a jacka$$, accidents happen, that's life, you just gotta make the most of it and do what you feel is the right thing.

Right now you need to get yourself down to McD's and try to provide her with as much comfort through the pregnancy as possible, you can't do that on the dole. And you don't want to stress her out while pregnant thinking she is going to have a fight on her hands once the baby is born, deal with that later. And yes, send money now, enough for her to live on. If you are even only 25% sure the baby is your then you need to protect and support even while still growing inside the mother.

Good luck, it might be a godsend, you never know.

juant

May 9, 2012
Good Evening..

-We are not married

I am almost in the same boat like you. I spent time with a girl in August of 2011 and I found out that she had a guy in San Pedro. We had protected sex and months later I found out that she was pregnant. I am of white complexion and the other man is of dark. The baby has white complexion. Now, she is trying to say that the baby is mine. I found out through co-workers that you can buy a DNA kit online that costs like $78US and you send in the swabs and you get the results sent to your home address. My advice to you is to do this after the baby is born to find out if indeed is yours first before anything. In the Dominican Republic there is no child support. If the baby is yours you can pay her voluntarily or do not pay her at all.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
.. I believe it's mine. given everything I've stated above is true what can be done as asked.

You went to a 3rd World country and helped create a human being, now man up and take care of it. You're the man, you're the one with the disposable income (unemployed or not).

Stop your whining and take care of your responsiblities.

Warmshaft

Aug 23, 2012
I am almost in the same boat like you. I spent time with a girl in August of 2011 and I found out that she had a guy in San Pedro. We had protected sex and months later I found out that she was pregnant. I am of white complexion and the other man is of dark. The baby has white complexion. Now, she is trying to say that the baby is mine. I found out through co-workers that you can buy a DNA kit online that costs like $78US and you send in the swabs and you get the results sent to your home address. My advice to you is to do this after the baby is born to find out if indeed is yours first before anything. In the Dominican Republic there is no child support. If the baby is yours you can pay her voluntarily or do not pay her at all.

Interesting.. Let's say I travel to DR to check and it is mine.. Later on down the line if I go back would I be detained and demanded to take a DNA test???

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Interesting.. Let's say I travel to DR to check and it is mine.. Later on down the line if I go back would I be detained and demanded to take a DNA test???

Realistically the only thing that is holding you to do anything with this child is your conscience. Ive been through this a couple of times. Let her know that you are getting a DNA test. If the child is yours do the right thing. If not (which Im betting) learn to wear a condom.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
ummmm... C.Colon is right... just a scam. Dude... she's not even pregnant, OR if by some chance she is, it's not yours. The money you sent to pay for that "snake oil" abortion, (pills in the mouth and the vagina????? REALLY????), went to pay for rent, or more likely a day at the salon, with maybe a few hoochie outfits if there was any money left. If you feel like a jackass, it should be for being scammed, not for getting her pregnant. If you want real proof she's preggers... go to the drugstore and buy a pregnancy test kit, fly the F down there and hold that test stick yourself as she pees on it, then wait the 10 mins or whatever it takes to find out. IF she is... then you can work on the DNA paternity thing.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Realistically the only thing that is holding you to do anything with this child is your conscience. Ive been through this a couple of times. Let her know that you are getting a DNA test. If the child is yours do the right thing. If not (which Im betting) learn to wear a condom.

Sometimes condoms break down and fail when applied to a "Warmshaft" :laugh:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A foreigner that worked for me had a similar situation. The girl went to court, found him and the police came to his job to arrest him and bring him to court in Santiago, where she lived and it happened. I got the Policia National to let him surrender the next day and voluntarily go to court.

His defense was somewhat unigue. He told the Judge that he had sex with her, but in the rear entrance. The Judge did not buy the "Ass Defense" and ordered a DNA test. He lost, as he apparently had bad aim. And was ordered to pay support.

Warmshaft

Aug 23, 2012
Some of you mofo's are hilarious. :laugh:.

But, seriously thanks to the individuals/indivdual who gave me sound advice. I appreciate it.

juant

May 9, 2012
My friend Warmshaft, I sent you a private message to your box. Read it and let me know what you think. Take care and good luck.

Dec 26, 2011
His defense was somewhat unigue. He told the Judge that he had sex with her, but in the rear entrance. The Judge did not buy the "Ass Defense" and ordered a DNA test. He lost, as he apparently had bad aim. And was ordered to pay support.

Those are some exceptionally powerful swimmers.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
That suprising that the ass defense isnt more recognized in Dominican jurisprudence. I mean it basically is the currency that makes that Island work.