Get permanent residency in six month ?

A

Andy

No. It takes about that long to get your 1 year temporary residency. The permanent takes about 2 years after your first temporary is issued.

F

Fabio J. Guzm?n

It cannot be.

This year we have been obtaining provisional residencies for our clients in 4 to 6 months. Provisional residency is granted for a year and only at the expiration of that year can the application for permanent residency be filed. It takes approx. 2-3 months after filing for the permanent residency to be granted.

Therefore, minimum time for a permanent residency =

4 months + 12 months + 2 months = 18 months

A

Andy

Glad you clarified that Fabio. I too am waiting for my provisional to be issued. I was under the impression that the permanent application took about a year to process after the expiration of the 1 year provisional.

M

mia

what is the cost involved in getting your temporary and permanent residency?

G

Gustavo

Thought so ...

Thank you. I thought so ...

I just asked because I have saw some post here and in internet about "fast procedure"....

Best regards

D

Drake

Fabio question

In the late 70's I lived here as a child and in my passport which I still have, states that I am a resident of the Dominican Republic. I left the DR to follow an education for many years. Now that I wish to live here permantly is my original residence valid?

A

Andy

Mia, if you go through an attorney it costs about $1,500 usd. If you do it yourself, the cost is about $350usd. However, unless you are fluent in Spanish and really know your way around in dealing with government red tape, it's best to have a competant attorney do it for you. We gave up half way through the process and are having our attorney finish it for us.

F

Fabio J. Guzm?n

Re: Fabio question

What's stamped on the passport is the residency visa. Do you have a permanent residency card? If you do, please contact me directly at fguzman@drlawyer.com

O

Onions and carrots

Mr Guzman,How much do you charge for the whole thi *DC*

F

Fabio J. Guzm?n

Re: Mr Guzman,How much do you charge for the whole

E-mail me for a quotation.