Club de Golf Manzanillo Inc.

M

Mario Vizcaino

Does anybody knows what happened with Club de Golf Manzanillo Inc or Club Deportivo Recreativo Estrellas Fronterizas? Any info on this will be highly appreciated.

H

hillbilly

This was the golf club at the Granada

Company's housing complex in Manzanillo. A little bit of America stuck in the corner of the DR.
As I understand it, it is all gone. The 9 hole golf course, the Club with it's pool, the movie theater, Commisary...

Best to ask peopleup that way, like maybe Debebe or his wife that still use the port facilities....

We still have 20 golf courses here...

HB

M

Mario Vizcaino

Re: This was the golf club at the Granada

Thanks for the info. Do you know anything about Club Estrellas Fronterizas (this was around 1954). Thanks again.

H

hillbilly

It is my understanding

That this was the baseball club that started Juan Martichal and Osvaldo Virgil...At the time it was amateur baseball played rather intensly. The Armed Forces usually scooped up all the good young prospects...So they could bring greater glory to the Jefe!!

HB

M

Mario Vizcaino

Re: It is my understanding

Thank you Hillbilly for the info. I just happened to find some old papers from my grandad regarding these places. Thanks again. By the way, do you do anything about any Aycocks that lived there around the 1950?s?.