Who knows about the huge lot next to Plaza San Juan?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Next to the plaza is a immense empty lot. To me it appears it gets prepared for a big project / construction.

Does anybody know what is planned there? Just curious b/c it caught my attention...

Let me guess... another mall? ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you enter the Plaza near the surf shop (the far right entrance), in the hallway there is/was a master plan for an ambitious residential project by the same company called something like Ciudad San Juan.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah Chiri, I saw that plan, too, ashort while ago. been named like ciudad san juan or residencial san juan or something.
there are many rumors and "ideas" out about what they are preparing.
the overall sound looks like there will be a big Residency with a large Mall/Shopping Area as a mix, like a little City, or a more modern Pueblo Bavaro.
some say a "La Sirena" will be included in large Scale, would make sense as it is the same company as Super Pola which is already there at the premises, they could even plan to close their La Sirena Store in Higuey once a bigger Version is opened here, but many rumors, I never saw/read a official News about the Project other than looking on the large Letters printed at San Juan Mall which Chiri mentioned above.

as fact, since Months they are working quiet steadily on preparing that terrain, looks like they will finish their entrances/streets connections to the Boulevard del Este, firstly, to have a good prepared road access for all their needed serving Trucks and vehicles etc from the beginning of the construction phase.
Rumors are out to have a mainportion ready to open by november 2013, in a good year.

it is a perfect central Location for anything, including for a large Residency which includes a good school, kindergarten etc, with the roads already done and the ones in the work they are Central/Close for everybody from Northern Bavaro til down to Punta Cana, quiet a wide Area of Potential Buyers/Shoppers/Schoolchildren etc etc.

interesting to see them progressing

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I wonder why there is no kind of promotion since it would make sense to do that attracting attention / possible buyers if a residential is planned...

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
This big lot is going to be a new plaza, the name is punta cana downtown exactly i don't know the time to start the development but i think will be this or next month to start the construction.
it don't have nothing to do with plaza san juan

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Just what we need, another mega mall! :tired:

BTW The hoardings for the Blue Mall on the road to the airport were taken down a few months ago and never replaced. Nothing has been said as far as I know but people here are assuming the deal's off.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am not unhappy about Blue Mall not opening, but shops like Pola or Sirena are where I appreciate to be able to do my daily/weekly shopping for the fridge for reasonable rates.
when San Juan Plaza firstly been announced to be built I was not a Fan of it, I expected that we get a 2nd "Palma Shopping Crap Place", but finally it came out dfferent, it is a nice place, offers needed shopping opportunities which we did not have near our house before and in the surroundings the whole place there seems to process forwards. not that I am a Fan of IKEA(I hate da ****), but within my friends circles most are happy to have that small Center now which is expected to be done bigger as a real IKEA in the near future, heck, the IKEA owner lives himself not far from here, lol. the Cinema is very nice there, my beloved NOAH Restaurant is right aside, Banco Popular and Banco BHD which I have to use both many times per week are right there with offices where I never have to wait in a long line, Corripio is the best you will find for the electronic stuff in the PC Area, and they are all together at the same Corner, you need to park the Car only Once and can take a sweep to the different spots you need that day, so I like that the Corner near Coco Loco is progressing forwards. to widen the space with the Huge Lot aside, with a direct entrance and exit from the Boulevard, I don't see any bad on that.
if they name it finally Downtown Punta Cana or Bavaro or San Juan II or kiss my honey, the name doesn't matter, the more different shops and branches come together at one large place the better for me as a customer of several of them, without the need to drive around and park at a different location for the next office'shop/branhc/bank as it formerly had been usual when doing business combined with daily shopping in the Bavaro/PC Area.
Enrike, they are already working on that large property since a while.
don't know why they don't have Promotional Signs up there til now, but if such project is planned to be built over a time period of over an year, they may still not need such and once first portions are up everyone driving by will get the promotions by eyesight, they sure will run a Imobiliaria office or such by then for their special needs.
Time will show us what is really up there,
let them progress forward, can only be good for Us, if we don't like it we can just stay away, no pressure.

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
and right across the street is the Drunken Chicken, the best Street Restaurant and Bar in the Area.

Mike
If you're a regular at the Pollo you may have met Mr C and Junior, especially if you're there when Barcelona are playing.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
then I am sure that Mr C and Junior and the Fisherman know each others, I am there a regular and present quiet often when the Games of da Spaniards are on, even that I stay in the "Background" as a German, lol.
ask him about the German with the Mike's Marina Pick Up Truck, he should know my Car, ha Ha.
I bet Junior is one of the Kids who have their beloved Barcelona Trickot on when watching the Games?

Mike

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
I am not unhappy about Blue Mall not opening, but shops like Pola or Sirena are where I appreciate to be able to do my daily/weekly shopping for the fridge for reasonable rates.
when San Juan Plaza firstly been announced to be built I was not a Fan of it, I expected that we get a 2nd "Palma Shopping Crap Place", but finally it came out dfferent, it is a nice place, offers needed shopping opportunities which we did not have near our house before and in the surroundings the whole place there seems to process forwards. not that I am a Fan of IKEA(I hate da ****), but within my friends circles most are happy to have that small Center now which is expected to be done bigger as a real IKEA in the near future, heck, the IKEA owner lives himself not far from here, lol. the Cinema is very nice there, my beloved NOAH Restaurant is right aside, Banco Popular and Banco BHD which I have to use both many times per week are right there with offices where I never have to wait in a long line, Corripio is the best you will find for the electronic stuff in the PC Area, and they are all together at the same Corner, you need to park the Car only Once and can take a sweep to the different spots you need that day, so I like that the Corner near Coco Loco is progressing forwards. to widen the space with the Huge Lot aside, with a direct entrance and exit from the Boulevard, I don't see any bad on that.
if they name it finally Downtown Punta Cana or Bavaro or San Juan II or kiss my honey, the name doesn't matter, the more different shops and branches come together at one large place the better for me as a customer of several of them, without the need to drive around and park at a different location for the next office'shop/branhc/bank as it formerly had been usual when doing business combined with daily shopping in the Bavaro/PC Area.
Enrike, they are already working on that large property since a while.
don't know why they don't have Promotional Signs up there til now, but if such project is planned to be built over a time period of over an year, they may still not need such and once first portions are up everyone driving by will get the promotions by eyesight, they sure will run a Imobiliaria office or such by then for their special needs.
Time will show us what is really up there,
let them progress forward, can only be good for Us, if we don't like it we can just stay away, no pressure.

Mike

The fact is that this new place will have a city hotel, A bigger plaza than san juan, and the situatuion with them is that the owner are all the time changing the plans about the desing of it but at the last notice that i have is that they maybe will start to built it at next mont.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"If you're a regular at the Pollo you may have met Mr C and Junior, especially if you're there when Barcelona are playing."

:D Do they not show REAL football, I mean, like BAYERN MUNICH ? We have a Spaniard too now (Javi Martinez - came from Bilbao for 40,000,000 Euro) and we know to do the "Tiki Taka" too! Anyway, Bar?a, we meet you 25 May 2013 at Wembley Stadium! :cool:

[video=youtube;JinbcDzw9Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JinbcDzw9Ds[/video]

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
then I am sure that Mr C and Junior and the Fisherman know each others, I am there a regular and present quiet often when the Games of da Spaniards are on, even that I stay in the "Background" as a German, lol.
ask him about the German with the Mike's Marina Pick Up Truck, he should know my Car, ha Ha.
I bet Junior is one of the Kids who have their beloved Barcelona Trickot on when watching the Games?

Mike
I've never gone there but I've noticed that pick-up parked outside. I'll tell the boys to look out for the German sitting quietly in the background. Junior is the one wearing the Barca tricolour but that doesn't exactly narrow it down. He is 12 and about as tall as his dad :)

caribmike said:
Do they not show REAL football, I mean, like BAYERN MUNICH ? We have a Spaniard too now (Javi Martinez - came from Bilbao for 40,000,000 Euro) and we know to do the "Tiki Taka" too! Anyway, Bar?a, we meet you 25 May 2013 at Wembley Stadium!
Don't drag me into this - I have next to zero interest in football, even though I was dragged to watch Barca play in the summer :) Ask the Fisherman.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
"If you're a regular at the Pollo you may have met Mr C and Junior, especially if you're there when Barcelona are playing."

:D Do they not show REAL football, I mean, like BAYERN MUNICH ? We have a Spaniard too now (Javi Martinez - came from Bilbao for 40,000,000 Euro) and we know to do the "Tiki Taka" too! Anyway, Bar?a, we meet you 25 May 2013 at Wembley Stadium! :cool:

[video=youtube;JinbcDzw9Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JinbcDzw9Ds[/video]

they show the Games on request of the Customers. they have Sky, I watched there some German Bundesliga, they show all Spanish Games, we watched some Champions League Games there.
just to be clear,
Bayern Muenchen playing Barcelona means that I am cheering for the Spaniards,
not that we are mistaken on the Sides taken, lol.
as a real Pfaelzer I would never put "verguenza" on my Family by cheering for Bayern Muenchen.

they also put on the Formula One Races etc, you just need to ask, they go by their Customers requests.
always a nice atmosphere there, with a healthy mixture of nationalities, yes, many Spaniards, as the owners are both Spaniards, too, some Austrians, some Germans, a couple Americans, a number of Canadians, some Russians, many Dominicans, all very well behaving together.

and the Food served there is very good, and sold for Rates as you would only find them at a "Comedor", but not in such quality.

the Pollo has it's unique special flair,I liked the place fromm the beginning, it's by many named my Office, lol.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Aha, 1. FC Kaiserlautern, eh? "Rote Teufel" Lol :D

Right, then better cheering for Barcelona :)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I've never gone there but I've noticed that pick-up parked outside. I'll tell the boys to look out for the German sitting quietly in the background. Junior is the one wearing the Barca tricolour but that doesn't exactly narrow it down. He is 12 and about as tall as his dad :)

Don't drag me into this - I have next to zero interest in football, even though I was dragged to watch Barca play in the summer :) Ask the Fisherman.

I guess now I know which one is Junior, there are often Kiddies but not as Tall as Him, so he stands out.
""Ask the Fisherman""
Nooooo,
I love my Motorsports and as a good German of course I Live Football/Soccer,
the same of course I hate Bayern Munich, jejeje

Mike