Soft Drinks

C

Chan

What is the most popular soft drink in the Dominican Republic? Are there any drinks that are sold specifically in the DR?

R

rubio

my experience is country club and red rock, personally i like the frambuesa (raspberry), it come in many flavor and is a refreshing change from coke or pepsi, which they obviously have too, as for beer, presidente, the best beer in the world!

H

hillbilly

Coke, by far. Pepsi distant second..

7Up, Sprite and lots of fruity stuff-Orange Crush, grape, raspberry and so forth. In Moca there is a small bottling company called Imperio, which has a following.
Dr. Pepper used to ber available here, too.

HB

A

Andy

For DR specific soft drinks, I would add the newest Fanta (Coke) product, "Pina," to the list. Actually, it's pretty good along with the rest of the product line: Uva (grape), orange, Rojo (raspberry I think-it's taste is almost undefinable)and Merengue (truly undefinable but good?).

E

Ed and Mame

Actually, guys, Fanta is a very old brand name soda. I remember it when I a little kid - and that was like 60 years ago!! But they sure have improved on it with the new flavors !! And I had to go to the DR to find that out !!! -Mame-