One Couple's Experience Retiring Abroad

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nice little read........

I suspect many people on here have simliar lives - living between 2 or more places.

The idea of being totally 'footloose' will appeal to some but not others.

Personally, like the writer of the article, we enjoy the variety in our lives of living between three places.
Most people think that a bit extreme... the writers' lives are really extreme.

More power to them.

That $2500 cruise was a bargain......

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Excellent article!

We don't plan to quit until the wheels fall off.

That's exactly what I plan to do :)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Excellent article, Fabulous life changing decision, refreshing updated change of scenery, spartan lifestyles, and most important of all...they got rid of everything they own except what fits in their suitcases, and the remainder they have left in a 10 x 15 container.

This is exactly how i live as well, so i can relate to many things, on several levels here.

great article!

Frank

jonee83

Oct 24, 2012
After read the article , I decide that this article has a mountain of moral.
which I understand and appriciate with his article,

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
That does sound like a fun retirement. It reminds me of a married couple I met in Aviano, Italy on vacation. He was an American who landed in France on D-day and she was a British nurse. They spent their retirement between boating along the intracoastal waterway in the US 6 months out of the year and the rest of the time they traveled in their VW van around Europe. They even had been to Russia numerous time and this was in the 80's. They gave me a ride from Italy through the alps to Frankfurt Germany. Before the trip we had a breakfast of cheese, bread and beer early in the morning in the Alps in Italy overlooking a valley with beautiful lakes and I remember thinking how wonderful it would be to have a life like this.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thanks, interesting.. Looks like they probably have about 10k a month.. so on that amount of money. Sure.. keep moving

With that amount I could keep my apartment here and still go to Buenas Aires for a month.

Six thousand a month from investments means that they have probably about a million and a half invested.