Fathering a child in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCooper

Aug 25, 2011
It's been a while since I posted here. Thought I'd take a minute and pen a few thoughts. A while back a made quite a few comments about the advantages for a man from the U.S.A. who is considering starting a family. I stand by the statement that it is far better for a man to start a family in the Dominican Republic than it is to have children with a woman in the U.S. My reasons for this are both legal and social. With some time and effort spent in meeting a decent woman here in the D.R. I can honestly say that things have worked out for the best. I'm married to the mother now (With a Prenuptial Agreement both here and in my home State, these are more solid here than in the U.S.) things are great and I couldn't be happier. I thought about writing this after having dinner with a friend of mine who's ex-wife was just awarded 5 years of Alimony along with child support and half his stuff. She has a Masters in Education but never worked a day in the marrige. i thought he was going to cry when he said how much she got for child support and he was ****ED when I told him how much I paid prior to getting back with my childs mother. So, anyway, my opinion still stands. The laws in the U.S. are terrible for a man. Most women in the U.S. are terrible for a man. Once you get past the Dominican B.S. this place couldn't be better! The only advise I can really give is get to know the woman and her family well. Here, they are one and the same. Don't let yourself be the ATM. They will try to use you as one. Lo Sciento, No Tengo Dinero. But once you understand the culture and the game, it's easy.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The woman I have a child with here in Chicago I met on the 36 bus on Broadway, not in another part of the world but the other part of town. She works as an RN, and if I needed to borrow lets say 2000USD she can lend it to me. My daughter here will grow in world with very STRONG females in to look up to, she needs to look no further then her grandmother, aunts and mother. My daughters grandmother on her mother side sells food on the street every morning rain or shine and she DOES NOT need the money, she does because she always wanted to a great example for her girls. A long time ago when she became a US citizen she cooked all the food for her own party. What a woman.

All you had to say " I enjoy taking care of women" because that is the only thing you are good for in DR. Do you think Dominican women will pick you because of looks or your great in bed? You are a "mark or trick" as some people like to put it. Okay American women are not for you, but you are American how crazy does that sound. If you like and enjoy Dominican women then say that, but DO NOT use American women as an excuse why you needed to find a "latin bride" and you are not latin yourself. Do you think American women give a damn that you are roaming the streets of DR looking for someone to love you? Most Americans who have this need go and purchase a dog or cat, but you have a few people that think finding a bride in Puerto Plata is the same as finding a bride in Denver, CO.

Okay your woman signed an agreement now you know she love you for you SIKE!!!! If you had an agreement for her to jump in the lake everyday she would have signed that also.

BTW Just because you and many other men are in the business of building up and saving Dominican women does not mean you have to insult the women of The United States of America. " NO TENGO DINERO" you wish you could say that.

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
OMG, will this guy ever contribute something other than bashing American woman? And congratulations on marrying a hood rat that probably has never worked a day in her life either...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
It's my opinion that the type or quality of companion that anyone finds, is more of a reflection of that person than the companion they find. (This goes for both genders.) This is born out by the fact that a person who ends up with a "problem" partner; once that relationship is over, will repeat the mistake with another partner having the same "problems".

Dec 26, 2011
It sounds like you have a real connection there, Cooper. I almost got a little choked up reading that love story. Especially touching was the "my wife's the best because she has no legal recourse" part.

LOL

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
It's been a while since I posted here. Thought I'd take a minute and pen a few thoughts. A while back a made quite a few comments about the advantages for a man from the U.S.A. who is considering starting a family. I stand by the statement that it is far better for a man to start a family in the Dominican Republic than it is to have children with a woman in the U.S. My reasons for this are both legal and social. With some time and effort spent in meeting a decent woman here in the D.R. I can honestly say that things have worked out for the best. I'm married to the mother now (With a Prenuptial Agreement both here and in my home State, these are more solid here than in the U.S.) things are great and I couldn't be happier. I thought about writing this after having dinner with a friend of mine who's ex-wife was just awarded 5 years of Alimony along with child support and half his stuff. She has a Masters in Education but never worked a day in the marrige. i thought he was going to cry when he said how much she got for child support and he was ****ED when I told him how much I paid prior to getting back with my childs mother. So, anyway, my opinion still stands. The laws in the U.S. are terrible for a man. Most women in the U.S. are terrible for a man. Once you get past the Dominican B.S. this place couldn't be better! The only advise I can really give is get to know the woman and her family well. Here, they are one and the same. Don't let yourself be the ATM. They will try to use you as one. Lo Sciento, No Tengo Dinero. But once you understand the culture and the game, it's easy.

You talk like you and your friend were comparing who did better at a garage sale or something. So the ideal for you is loose laws and a submisive lady who won't demand her rights?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
He is an for a BIG surprise if brings his Dominican wife to the states and they have kids together. I wish I can see his face if his wife wants a divorce and his lawyer tells him this agreement is as useless as napkin.

Once kids are involved the judge will not even waste his or her time reading that prenup. Then after this Dominican woman takes him to the cleaners, you will find Mr Cooper roaming the streets of the Philippines until he finds a woman there that he feel will not take his money.

DBCooper there is a woman out there who does not want your money that will love you for the great man your are SIKE!!! DBCooper every woman you meet now and in the future you will have to compensate for her giving the world the illusion that you guys are together because of love. I mean you can't go into a store and buy a Butterfinger and not pay the person behind the counter right??? Normal people marry because of love, but you marry because it maybe CHEAPER for you if you marry a certain nationality.

I Love You or Te amo are very strong words, but your wife does not need you to say" te amo" but "Si Yo Tengo" makes her melt.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Have you ever considered that you elicit the behavior you experience from women?

I think it's telling that your primary concern with entering into a relationship is how it will end.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Come on guys stop telling these guys the truth, next thing you know all the low class Dominicans won't have any men to support them :( Btw.. JMB.. my wife is Dominican and I have asked her repeatedly to stop working as her father's accountant.. (7 months pregnant now and works 6 hours a day still).. strong Dominican women have a work ethic like NO other women I've met on the planet.. Now.. the low class ones are so far to the extreme on the other end it makes up for the hard working ones a million times.

Oh.. and another funny thing is the fact this guy thinks he has some legal protection, as if we haven't heard this story a million times. I don't understand why guys come here looking for hood rats when I can guarantee whatever town they live in has a local project they can go to to hit on all different types of women living in poverty they can promise the world to, strip clubs, brothels , etc all over the US.. Oh well, I guess the fact they don't speak the same language means they don't figure out what their "chica" is really into.. Ignorance is bliss..

Dec 26, 2011
strong Dominican women have a work ethic like NO other women I've met on the planet

Very true. One of my complaints about my ex-wife was that she couldn't relax. She was always working or doing something productive. Learning to take time for herself did not come easily to her.

Oh well, I guess the fact they don't speak the same language means they don't figure out what their "chica" is really into.

It is odd that he's married to a Dominican and has a child with her and writes "lo sciento". Here's the poem that won her heart:

yo querer tus ohitos bellas

yo encantar tu pecho grandes

beseme mucho

lo sciento

no tengo dinero para tu puta madre

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
My daughter here will grow in world with very STRONG females in to look up to, she needs to look no further then her grandmother, aunts and mother. My daughters grandmother on her mother side sells food on the street every morning rain or shine and she DOES NOT need the money, she does because she always wanted to a great example for her girls. A long time ago when she became a US citizen she cooked all the food for her own party. What a woman.

Your daughter won't have strong females to look up just because she's being raised there in Chicago but because her mother was raised with certain values that she is most likely to pass on to her. Most Dominicanas are strong and hardworking women!

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
F . I was hoping this would go in a deferent dereacthion ! Hod rat / hard working - pre nup , bla bla bla . On my 3 trip to the DR I saw happy kids ! Playing baseball with a broom handle and a water bottle top , sharing one bike , playing in the hose watter on a hot day . Yes $$$ unforchinatly come into play cant change that . I personally think the idea of Father hood is a wounderfull thing and would love the opertunity . But well never be able to afford a good School , Med bills , Braces , Air Jordens , X Box , or a morgage payment . But it would be far more manageable to give a child a good life in the DR . The bown side is at times I would have to be an absent father . But that seams to be rather commen in the DR anyway . These hood rats as you call them constently grant love less usless men one of the most wounderfoll opertunites in life and thy well most don't give a dam . At the ripe old age of 43 my opertunitys are rapidley going down the drane a women my age in the USA . Well can you say medapus . And a girl in her late 20ts has far more on her mind then a famley . And any way I can't aford to give my child the life i think it deserves . So that is why i waited . But not all men who want to be a father in a 3 world ****ry are just out to escape ther financhel responsablitys . Some have good harts but unforchinley , well i can speak for my self only my good hart gets broken in the dr .

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
:confused:

I have to revisit my ESL books. My reading comprehension of the OP was terrible.
I failed to read his attack on American women.
I also failed to read where he says Dominican women are better than women in the states.

I thought he touched on how unfair the system is in the States, as far as awarding compensations to women.
We know the system is very unfair when it comes to that.

I'll go over his post again to make sure I am on the right side of the argument. :confused:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Have you considered a school teacher as a mate?
She could clean up your spelling before you post here as well as your pipes!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
F . I was hoping this would go in a deferent dereacthion ! Hod rat / hard working - pre nup , bla bla bla . On my 3 trip to the DR I saw happy kids ! Playing baseball with a broom handle and a water bottle top , sharing one bike , playing in the hose watter on a hot day . Yes $$$ unforchinatly come into play cant change that . I personally think the idea of Father hood is a wounderfull thing and would love the opertunity . But well never be able to afford a good School , Med bills , Braces , Air Jordens , X Box , or a morgage payment . But it would be far more manageable to give a child a good life in the DR . The bown side is at times I would have to be an absent father . But that seams to be rather commen in the DR anyway . These hood rats as you call them constently grant love less usless men one of the most wounderfoll opertunites in life and thy well most don't give a dam . At the ripe old age of 43 my opertunitys are rapidley going down the drane a women my age in the USA . Well can you say medapus . And a girl in her late 20ts has far more on her mind then a famley . And any way I can't aford to give my child the life i think it deserves . So that is why i waited . But not all men who want to be a father in a 3 world ****ry are just out to escape ther financhel responsablitys . Some have good harts but unforchinley , well i can speak for my self only my good hart gets broken in the dr .

Forchinatly Yacht, You have fare more opertunitys than you be live. if you limit your conversation to spoken (I repeat don't ever write a letter, nor send her a text message), you may stand a chance in the USA, and even start a famly.

Da was just my dereachthion :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.