Conversational Spanish Group

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Anyone interested in improving their Spanish? Forming a casual conversational Spanish group that would meet once a week for approximately 2 hours in Sosua?

I have been part of one such group in Northern Virginia and it?s been very helpful. The group was comprised of several levels of expertise, from beginners to fluent speakers. Everyone was very helpful and many topics were discussed. Found it informative, supportive, learned a lot, and it was fun.

And I know if I don?t use it, I?ll lose it. Anyone interested, please PM me. I'm thinking Wednesdays at Noon and am open to suggestions.

Regards,
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for the PMs. As more people become interested, I'll post where, when, what time, etc.

Regards
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi all,

I think we have enough for a start - that is if all of you show up.

How is Wednesday, Nov. 14th at 2 pm at Bailey's - cafeteria side?

Please let me know if this works for you. If not, give me an alternate day/time/start.

Looking forward to this taking off.

Regards
Ro

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I am trying to improve my conversational spanish, but I am in Toronto, I would love to join the group whenever I am there. Right now I practice with my friend in Puerto Plata through messages, but that's not the same as speaking, which is what I need to do.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Everyone is welcome. When in the DR, send me a PM and I'll update you as to when and where we are meeting.

Regards
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Gentle reminder. Anyone interested in improving/learning/expanding their Spanish. We will meet for the first time on this Wed, 2 pm, Bailey's Cafeteria side. All are welcome; no charge, and should be fun.

Let me know if anyone has questions or need directions.

Look forward to seeing all who PM'd me, plus anyone else who wants to attend.

Regards
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Yesterday we had our first meeting. Thanks to those of you who showed up; hope those of you who said you would will come next Wednesday and join us. We had 4 people total, knew one had a conflict and will come next time, and others who said yes must have had last minute plan changes. At any rate, we are a group of varied levels of Spanish; would really help if someone who speaks fluent could join us and help when we get stuck.

So we'll meet next Wed. at 2-4 at Bailey's cafeteria side. No charge, no commitment, just conversational Spanish for anyone and everyone.

Look forward to seeing more of you there.

Regards
Ro

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I was at the meeting yesterday and I found it enjoyable and useful. We tried to speak in Spanish as much as possible, but because we didn't know each other before, much of the time was spent getting to know each other. I hope more who live in or near Sosua will join us in the future. You have nothing to lose, you may well learn something and get to know some new people. If you are coming it could be a good idea to get Ro's phone number to help you find us as Bailey's is quite a big place.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Wednesday, 2 pm Bailey's, Cafeteria Side - we meet again. All are welcome. I've heard from some new people who say they'll be there - and we all look forward to this being a happening. Any questions, ask away or PM me.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Today, Wednesday, 2 - 4 pm at Bailey's - cafeteria side - please join us. We have the beginning of a great group and all levels are welcome. Hope to see you this afternoon.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Glad to hear it. Yes, we are growing each week and expect to be around for awhile. Come one and all!

Regards
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
DerFish,

I've sent you a PM. Let me know if you need any more information. Look forward to meeting you on Wednesday. 2 - 4 Bailey's Cafeteria.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Our group is alive and well and will meet again tomorrow, Wed from 2 - 4 at Bailey's - cafeteria side. If you need more information, please PM me or post here.

Regards
Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Gentle reminder that this group meets from 2-4 at Bailey's, cafeteria side. This week we will be reading and translating articles. All levels are welcome. If you have questions or need more information, you can post here or PM me.

Regards
Ro