Some questions about DR/PC

czeylanicum

Nov 5, 2012
1. Is everything in DR open on sunday, including tours?
2. There was flooding in Santo Domingo recently. How bad was it and will it be ok to tour in a weeks time(~nov 16)?
3. I'll be staying in PC. What is worth doing/seeing nearby, and what avoiding?
4. I want to go snorkelling. Where's the best reef nearby?
5. Where can I find the best mama juana to take home and will there be a problem with Canadian customs?

-thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I can answer question 2 for you:

In Santo Domingo there are no flooding problems. In the common areas (colonial zone, residential abd commercial areas of the city center flooding was gone after one day dry, sunny weather.

czeylanicum

Nov 5, 2012
I can answer question 2 for you:

In Santo Domingo there are no flooding problems. In the common areas (colonial zone, residential abd commercial areas of the city center flooding was gone after one day dry, sunny weather.

Thanks. I will definitely be visiting the city then.

Dec 26, 2011
Do you want your mamajuana dry or "prepared"? They have it all over the place in shops around the Zona Colonial. Not a problem with US Customs. Not sure about Canada but I wouldn't see why it would be.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
1. Is everything in DR open on sunday, including tours? Almost everything is open on Sundays (except banks). For tours it depends on their schedules, but most operate 7 days a week.

3. I'll be staying in PC. What is worth doing/seeing nearby, and what avoiding? PC is spread out along 35 miles of coastline so "nearby" depends where you are staying. Macao beach is worth a visit. Take a look at the Punta Cana forums on Trip Advisor for more ideas.

4. I want to go snorkelling. Where's the best reef nearby? The best snorkeling from the beach is out front of resorts in Cabeza de Toro and the resorts south of the airport. At many resorts the water is too rough and there's too much fast boat traffic. Organised snorkeling tours will take you to the outer reefs which are too far to swim to. Ask at your hotel's watersports center.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Canada Customs will only allow the mamajuana that is in liquid form with the herbs etc in bottle. Current as of March 2012.