Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Withdrawal limits from ATMS

I remember on another thread someone said they could withdraw 30k RD$ from BHD atms, can anyone else post their experiences, the max I've been able to withdraw on any one transaction is 10k RD$, thanks guys.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

BHD, my max is 4,000rds.
    Same for Banreservas.
    Santa Cruz, I thought 8,000rds, but friends from Belgium typed in 20,000rds and got it.
    BP, 10,000rds

I have also noticed it depends on your home bank. British friends of ours can only withdraw 4,000rds from BP. Essentially it is trial and error

BelgianK

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Banco Popular allows you up to 20,000 DOP a day, but you have to do it in two transactions. The limit per transaction is still 10,000 DOP. It might be the same for BHD, but I wouldn't know.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there are limits on withdrawals here at the banks -- but you can do multiple withdrawals up to a daily maximum.

Then, your home bank card has a limit.... mine is $XXXX/day but I also have a weekly limit which I cannot exceed.
    I had my bank up my limit.

I stand at ScotiaBank and do 4 withdrawals to hit my daily limit.... my weekly limit is 3 of those.

One bank here in Cabrera only allows 4000 DRP per withdrawal...... very expensive

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you go into the Bank. I regularly uplift $150K without a problem from Banco Popular in Santiago. You merely have to instruct your home card issuer that you require large withdrawals.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    Why don't you go into the Bank. I regularly uplift $150K without a problem from Banco Popular in Santiago. You merely have to instruct your home card issuer that you require large withdrawals.
    So how do you do that, just give them your home atm card and pin? At the moment I withdraw 4-5 times a day with 10k as my limits.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You Can go into any bank and withdraw as much as you want, within reason, without any charge from the machine, the only charge you will take is from your own bank (don't hold me to that but in my experience). Just go in with your card and passport or cedula, they call some superior financial god like character who tells them you are a real person and then they charge the card and give you your wonga, simple really!

8. Dislikes Olly disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    You Can go into any bank and withdraw as much as you want, within reason, without any charge from the machine, the only charge you will take is from your own bank (don't hold me to that but in my experience). Just go in with your card and passport or cedula, they call some superior financial god like character who tells them you are a real person and then they charge the card and give you your wonga, simple really!
    If you are talking about a cash advance on a credit or debit card this ends up being more expensive than a simple wire transfer to a local bank.

10. Dislikes Tamborista disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been able to pull out 20,000 pesos in 2 consecutive (10,000 + 10,000) transactions from ATMs of different banks. BoA - my bank - told me my daily limit is $700. I have never tested it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    If you are talking about a cash advance on a credit or debit card this ends up being more expensive than a simple wire transfer to a local bank.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not talking about CC's, I am talking about going into the bank and using your debit card as you would in the machine, but with a real person and ability to withdraw more than the machine will dispense. I didn't think the post was that difficult to understand.

13. Dislikes Olly disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast