Puerta Plato/October/Inexpensively

R

Rose

I have never traveled,and would like to come this area in October. Does anyone know of combined low price air travel,and lodging plans?

R

Rose

Sorry I forgot to include from Boston,Mass(Logan Airport). Thank you

S

Sebastian

Hello Rose,
If you need a new and nice place with good price, I recomend to you the Residencia Mariza in Cabarete, you ca see fotos at
www.geocities.com/yves133/hotel.html

A

Anders

Try Swedish Guesthouse in New Town of Puerto Plata.

Swedish Guesthouse
Circunvalaci?n Sur
Phone 586-5086

E-Mail: swedishguesthouse@hotmail.com

The taxi- or motoconcho-driver will propably don?t know where it is but if you say "Jose? Luis Supermarket" 90% will know where it is. It?s on the other side of the road with S.G sign.

It?s a lovely house with big garden and very friendly owners. Together with a friend (who was going to Samana the next day) we payed 20 USD together for a double room. The next night I had the room for myself and payed 15USD/night: This included a big great breakfast as well. (dec -00)
Highly recommended.

J

Jason

There is a travel agent from the states who advertises best fares on this site. There are a variety of places that you can stay in Puerto Plata ranging from 10 US and up depending on the amenities you are interested in. If you are arriving early in the day and would be in Puerto Plata before 10PM., I suggest you take a taxi to Hotel Castilla, Sam's Bar & Grill which is located in the Center of the City, near the Maleconand Central Park. If you do not like the accommodations they offer, Joanne, the owner is known for making recommendations and/or phone calls for you to find exactly what you may be looking for. Her email is sams.bar@codetel.net.do. Hope this helps a little bit. Jason

R

Ray J

Rose,
The DR is by definition inexpensive. Good hotels are plentiful in the $30 - $50 range. I like the flights out of JFK in New York to POP. I can get midweek for about $400. I'm more familiar with Sosua which is closer to the airport than Puerto Plata. There the Hotel Europa is a pretty good bargain at about $40/night, $100 for 3 nights. It's clean with good accomodations and a nice restaurant. In PP be sure to check out the Cafe Cito, a nice rooftop cafe. You can see more about about it on the website ( roughly ) PopReport.
I think you'll enjoy your trip.

Regards,
Ray

S

Sofy's B&B

What do you mean by inexpensive? You can always check with us..www.popreport.com and comments on DR1.....

R

Richard

Another suggestion, very nice and inexpensive is Hotel Tropix in Sosua the web site is www.tropixhotel.com

For photos of Sosua and the area there are more than 400 photos at the Yahoo Sosua Club.