No Email Reply

R

RickW

I have been communicating by email with the staff at Casa Marina Reef for the past several weeks (and have also done so in the past). They are, and always have been, so wonderful and quick to respond. Problem: I've sent them 3 messages within the last 7 days, trying to confirm my rate and reservation and haven't gotten any reply. I was wondering if there is some type of "server" or other problem there in Sosua that may be the reason for them not replying to, or getting my messages.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Confirmations?

You want a confirmation? Read http://www.dr1.com/hotels/database/NorSosCasaG3LNG63V.htm.

From the link:
Before I visit the Dominican Republic, and even before I buy my plane tickets, I like to have a confirmation in writing, as I?ve had problems before at various hotels, where they had no record of my reservation upon my arrival. I had already toured the resort on my last visit and inquired on prices ... it was like pulling teeth before I actually received a written confirmation stating my arrival and departure dates, the type of accommodation, and price. Richard indicated he was having troubling obtaining such a written confirmation from the resort. I took more calls and e-mails over about another month to finally get a written confirmation that the room had been prepaid.

R

RickW

Re: Confirmations?

Well this is my 3rd time heading to this resort. Each time I have received quick, friendly, reservation and rate info (via email) that I just printed out and showed to them when I checked in. I have already received it this time too, but need to change my reservation and rate, from double to single. Since I haven't heard back (as usual), I figured there must be technical problems.

D

DR1

Could have been affected by the SirCam virus that has hit lots of computers here. Suggest you call by phone and request a fax confirmation.