Staying for approximately 3mths - Suggestions?

H

helen

Hola everyone...
Am expecting a baby in late Sept and then will travel with babe in late December to the DR to be with Husband while we await his visa to Canada. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where I could find relatively reasonable accomodation for the 3 of us for the 3 mths in the Puerto Plata area? Also, will there be a problem for me and the babe to stay that long in the DR without obtaining a "special" visa etc?
Any info on this is much appreciated.
Also - once there, would love to meet up with some of the Board regulars...you all sound like wonderful people.
For the Heynes...am going to start a small collection to take down with me for "your" kiddies, ie. uniforms and school supplies.
For Noelle at sofy's B&B - kept promising the hubby that we have to go to your B&B for a cdn breakfast. He's dying for pancakes!
Gracias in advance everyone

D

diane pellerin

I have apts for rent in Puerto Plata. You don't need a special visa. Please read my website and then contact me:
www.tropicalhouse.s5.com

Diane Pellerin

T

Troy

I'm going the end of December also but just for a week. It sounds like you've been there before so I thought you could tell me what the weather was like that time of year..........................good luck

A

azb

Call residencia atlantico 1 in costambar. Its an aparto-hotel with a swimming pool. there is a restaurant below but you can also cook in the apartment. The apartment comes with everything and has a belcony.
Tele # 970-7245
Its run by italians. Ask them for long term rates.

H

helen

For Troy - weather update

Hi Troy...
Took the info off of Debbiesdominicanrepublic website...so the credit has to go to Debbie.

What will the weather be like in the Dominican Republic?

Generally, the temperatures are hot during the day. Many of the days are a mixture of sun and clouds, the clouds being a welcome relief from the hot sun. In the evening you may need a light sweater. The chart below shows you the average temperatures for each month. January is the coldest month, and August is the hottest month. There is no real rainy season in the DR, it can rain at any time during the year. Much of the time the rain occurs overnight or as a brief afternoon shower.

Average Daily Temperature
oC Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
High 26 28 27 28 28 29 29 29 29 28 28 26
Low 18 18 19 19 20 22 22 23 22 22 20 18
These temperatures are in Celsius
Average High is 87o in Fahrenheit
Average Low is 73o in Fahrenheit

Hope you find this info helpful.
Most important thing is to enjoy yourself. It's wonderful country with wonderful friendly people.

S

Sofy's B&B

You can always check with Chicha at 586-4120...she has furnished apts....one block away from Le Malecon... And yes we are opened for breakfasts!!!