Why do we get bills for "Agua", but our water comes from a well??

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
What will happen if we don't pay? They can't cut off our water!
As usual...muchas gracias por ayudar!
Susan

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't know what would happen, just make sure you bill doesn't say cloaca or facturacion ayuntamiento or you could lose you sewer and trash service.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Well Water is Dominican Water.

Why do we get bills for "Agua", but our water comes from a well??

You draw water from the Dominican soil.... it is theirs.
Thus they (INAPA) charge you for it... :classic:
You can collect rain water though, heaven sent.... :rolleyes:

Ask the Dutch man opposite the petrol station.
He went through the problem....

donP

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I recall the DR gubmint claims ownership of all water resources and even if you have a well you have to pay for the water.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
What will happen if we don't pay? They can't cut off our water!
As usual...muchas gracias por ayudar!
Susan

Yes, they can, and do! Just not for one or two months behind...try 6 months, and they'll show up...

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The bill is for agua potable - drinking water. I had a bill in my house with a well. It was for RD$125,000, and went up every time they delivered the bill. The man said I had to pay it, and I gave him a glass of water from the well. Told him as the bill said it was drinking water, if he drank it, I would pay the bill as the bill said drinking water. He refused to drink it and I refused to pay.

Matilda

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We forgot to pay and they shut off the water from the street using some sort of a hidden valve. We paid and it was right back on. I would not drink it either but some do.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Here in POP, we haven't had water from the city/street in months. I had a meter installed years ago so I would only have to pay what we used. Every month its 450 pesos. After months with no water I went to the water department and told them, no water, no pago. I then asked for a credit. They said it would be easier to just pay the monthly charge. I asked " would you pay for something you didn't get". They all said no, So I said why should I pay? They said cause it would be easier for you. I said, so you pay my bill, to 3 different mangers. They said why should I pay for something I'm no getting. YES, SO YOU UNDERSTAND. Sadly no, they didn't. Go figure. Its rainy season now, so I collect water from my roof and filter it into my cistern. WATER FOR EVERYBODY. Life is good.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thank you for all these great responses--- As usual, Matilda gets the prize for Most Original solution!

And for those who warned.....
you could lose your sewer and trash service

.....what in the world is sewer and trash service?! :D