It is time I got married

viguy007

Nov 25, 2012
I have never been married. Ten years ago I came to the Dominican Republic on a vacation, met a beautiful young woman 25 years younger then me and was swept off my feet and fell in love. I have lived with her illegally for the last 10 years. During this time I have also acted as the father to her three children. I only had to leave the Island one time to renew my ATM card which I use to get the money from my bank account. That was five years ago. Now I must leave the Island within 6 months, to renew the ATM card once again. She wants to get married legally before I go. I am not a legal resident of the Dominican Republic. Since I am 65 I figure that is not a bad idea, since it is also time to think about getting life insurance. I have a direct deposit to my bank account in the US Virgin Islands, but that will end if I die. I have never had to work here, so I have no business that could provide her an income when I pass away. Therefore I would like information in three areas.

1- What is involved and what must I do to get married here.
2- Should I become a legal resident here and what is involved.
3- Life insurance is very expensive here, can I purchase it in the States and have it pay my wife here if I should die.

Any advice and help you can give me you can give me in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Charlie

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
007 I was more or less in the same boat, lived w/my girl friend for 7 years then married 3 years this Jan. I brought her to the States last year.... for a visit, TNT wouldn't get her out now. Residence...your call.
Ins I purchased a 15 year term in the States 7 years ago and put her down as benif. no problem. When that runs out, she is benif. of my IRA. So she is pretty well covered, hopefully she will have a job before I go.
As a backup, I told her to put my remains in a frezzer and keep the soc cks coming. That should work for ten years then I'll be 100.