Jumbo in Punta Cana?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I have heard rumor that a Jumbo is planning to open near Ilumel in Punta Cana. I hope this is not true. Why would they do this ... As we all have good choice of either Nacional (excellent) or Super Pola in San Juan. Is this true?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"I hope this is not true"

Why? It is not bad to have as many choices as possible, or?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have heard rumor that a Jumbo is planning to open near Ilumel in Punta Cana. I hope this is not true. Why would they do this ... As we all have good choice of either Nacional (excellent) or Super Pola in San Juan. Is this true?

I nominate this post as the dumbest post of the year. In fact any year. Unless the OP owns Nacional or Super Pola.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Nacional and Jumbo are owned by the same company, CCN.
When we first moved to Punta Cana, over 4 years ago, Jumbo had a "coming soon" sign up in one of the lots near Ilumel, but it was taken down and that was the last we heard of it.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Sky - what a dumb remark of yours!!!! If you can't see the ridiculousness of this ( your remark) well then what can one say. If you can explain your stupid post - please try. I say "you can't ride 2 horses with one behind". How many markets would you like failing all around you. The area cannot support so many markets and have them all succeed. But I would guess that you are not successful. Perhaps you want them all to fail! Stupid remark

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How does it not help the people living here to not have another large supermarket? Will the prices rise or fall? You tell me genius.

Dec 26, 2011
Sky - what a dumb remark of yours!!!! If you can't see the ridiculousness of this ( your remark) well then what can one say. If you can explain your stupid post - please try. I say "you can't ride 2 horses with one behind". How many markets would you like failing all around you. The area cannot support so many markets and have them all succeed. But I would guess that you are not successful. Perhaps you want them all to fail! Stupid remark

Super Pola's plenty busy every time I'm there. Are they in trouble?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Sky - I am certainly not a genius but your remarks make me feel like one. Another supermarket, I believe will Not help the people in the area. I believe another supermercade will only glut (look up that word) the market. Too much of anything and perhaps like Humpty Dumpty - the wall comes tumbling down and ... then there were none. Why are you so unhappy with the 2 grand markets in the area? What is wrong with you? - can't you figure it out that no one market can have prices that different from another. If you need more education - let me know - I will try to explain it simpler. All I mentioned in my post was that I heard that another huge market possibly was going to open and I expressed my free right and opinion that I hoped it would not happen. Like other people filled with rage and looking to fill his own empty self - you disrespected my opinion.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
That's a lot of depth of emotion for a supermarket thread.

not just this thread, either. The po-po is hitting the fan all over. I had to go stick my head out the window and look. lo and behold.. the moon as as full as a damn werwolf movie!!!! (actually the full is tomorrow... but close enough. lol)