Santiago Pet Store

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Does anybody know where there is a pet store in Santiago so JLW919 does not start a third thread asking about a pet carrier for his pug on the way to DC?

dunroamin

Oct 12, 2010
Cachita Pet Shop

Hi
I can recommend a very good pet shop
Cachita 50 Leon Jimenez behind La Union Medica
Good luck

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Try the new Bravo supermarket. There is a pet store upstairs.

Best supermarket I've been in the entire DR, it's like whole foods in the DR. Sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce, sabretts/hebrew national hotdogs, real organic maple syrup(40$ a bottle wtf), imported mushrooms, 40% off fruits and vegetable tuesdays, bread is WORLDS ahead of sirena/nacional.. this is my new supermarket !

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Best supermarket I've been in the entire DR, it's like whole foods in the DR. Sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce, sabretts/hebrew national hotdogs, real organic maple syrup(40$ a bottle wtf), imported mushrooms, 40% off fruits and vegetable tuesdays, bread is WORLDS ahead of sirena/nacional.. this is my new supermarket !
The new one at Argentina & Sadhala?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The new one at Argentina & Sadhala?

Yup, no other supermarket has compared so far in the DR, not even pricemart.. I'd say this is like a cross between publix and whole foods in FL. Has the cheaper products of publix but has all the high end imported stuff from whole foods as a treat, the 40$ maple syrup was ridiculous though.. butterball turkeys at 85 pesos per pound.. all butterball deli meats, 12 packs of canned soda, (haven't found this anywhere else, but way overpriced anyways at 34 pesos per can), first place i've seen in the DR with breyer's vanilla bean ice cream.. we went for our second trip today and I hope that it's not only this good since they just opened.. i'm actually going there hoping i can impact their survivability :)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yup, no other supermarket has compared so far in the DR, not even pricemart.. I'd say this is like a cross between publix and whole foods in FL. Has the cheaper products of publix but has all the high end imported stuff from whole foods as a treat, the 40$ maple syrup was ridiculous though.. butterball turkeys at 85 pesos per pound.. all butterball deli meats, 12 packs of canned soda, (haven't found this anywhere else, but way overpriced anyways at 34 pesos per can), first place i've seen in the DR with breyer's vanilla bean ice cream.. we went for our second trip today and I hope that it's not only this good since they just opened.. i'm actually going there hoping i can impact their survivability :)
We will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads' up...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Can anybody give me another directional clue??

Where from Nacional?
My STI geography is limited

If your at El Nacional turn rt. out of the parking lot onto 27 next to the gas station. Go up to the light and when it turns green cut across three lanes of traffic in good Dominican fashion (stick the arm out and smile) turn left. Go straight thru the next light at JP Duarte and then get in the right lane and turn rt. at the next light which is the Ave. Rep. Argentina.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I hope I'll have a GPS by then.....

I'm sure w/ your directions and that , I may make it.....

Santiago really confuses me -- but , I confuse easily....

I do know where PriceSmart is, vis a vis Nacional.... my only two stops usually

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I hope I'll have a GPS by then.....

I'm sure w/ your directions and that , I may make it.....

Santiago really confuses me -- but , I confuse easily....

I do know where PriceSmart is, vis a vis Nacional.... my only two stops usually
As you go from Nacional toward Price Mart, it's on the right at the big intersection with the traffic light before you go under the tunnel toward PM...

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Tamborista,
Thanks to you and all those who responded we were able to take care of everything for the trip today. Went to the Bravo pet section and picked up a few things. Good selection of pet supplies and reasonable prices. We visited both Hacienda and Cachita pet stores. Made most of our purchases at Cachita including the carrier and also had a microchip implanted in the Pug while there.

FYI Pugs and other short nosed dogs can only fly inside the airline cabin under the seat in front of you (American). You must make a reservation through AA ($125 each way). Vet papers only good for 15 days according to the agent I worked with.
Jimmy

Does anybody know where there is a pet store in Santiago so JLW919 does not start a third thread asking about a pet carrier for his pug on the way to DC?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, TT is due to be 'Knighted' shortly for other generous contributions to society.....

Always one step ahead of the pack....:laugh::rambo::mad: