Santiago airport

S

Sean

Could someone tell me a fair price for a cab ride from the Santiago airport to the Caribe Bus Station. Or, could I grab a motoconcho. I'm trying to be as economical as possible, as I intend to stay for a couple of months. I'm also weighing in flying to different airports in the DR from San Juan.
thanks,
sean

A

azb

get outside of the airport and in to the street. that would be Av. Bartalome colon. Now take a taxi and pay no more than 50 pesos. thats all.
Good luck.

S

Sean

Thank you very much. This sounds like a much better deal than flying to SDQ, then paying $20US for a cab ride to Caribe Bus Tours, times 2 for the return, and then a long, cold, bus ride. I guess that I will try to arrange a flight to Santiago, but is American Airline the only people that fly into Santiago. I can't find anyone else. I'm sure there are better deals out there.
thanks again,
sean

S

Santiaguera

Lynx airline flies into Santiago but only once a week and not from San Juan (so if that is where you are, my apologies)...Lynx flies from the Miami area...

Flying into Santiago is much better than SDQ!

H

hillbilly

It is only $RD10, but what the heck

A taxi ride to the other side of town - I just this minute checked - is $40.00

I ask, Why Caribe Tour? Are you going to Sosua? If you are going to POP, take Metro. Same or less ($35) to the station and much closer.

Finally. Yes, Air Santo Domingo is now offering flights to and from San Juan on a daily basis, two flights a day. Leave SJU at 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Cost is $198 R/T.

E mail me with arrival date and if i can i will meet you and take you to the bus.

HB

D

DR1

Air Santo Domingo flies from San Juan to Santiago. Tel. 809 683-8006

S

Sean

I have tried to access Air Santo Domingo on the web, but I have only been able to access sites in Spanish. Are there any english sites available which might list flight schedules? Thank you in advance.
Do you think it would be just as economical to buy the ticket at the counter in the airport, or better to prearrange a ticket over the web?
sean