Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mailboxes etc a joke?

I finally set up an account with mailboxes etc. That part was painless. I ordered a bunch of stuff on amazon and had it shipped to MBE.

The first item was a bradley smoker that cost about 370 bucks. After a short time I got an email saying it was in SDQ and ready for pick up. Great. They say estimated charge was 7,000 something pesos. ok.

We go there and they bring out a Showtme rotisserie overn that I had also ordered. I did not receive an email for that one. It took me 20 minutes to explain to them that I had another package there. The dope behind the counter was chewing gum or something so he was mumbling and not even my fiance understood a word he was saying. He got mad when I asked him what friggin language he was speaking as it was fast, low volume and mumbling.

They finally tracked down my package and said it was in customs. 15,000 pesos to clear it. PLUS. . .8,000 pesos for MBE service. So. . .pretty much 100% in duties plus 200 to ship? I don't think there is any product that has 100% duties but when you ask the dopey mumbling idiot you get blank stares.

At those prices I can buy a ticket to miami and bring it in myself and not deal with the dopes at MBE.

Oh well, live and learn.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

yes everyone who ships as gone through it. A 450 laptop computer cost me 285 to ship it. i ship by other means now

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

dude. you did not do your homework. everything above 200 bucks pays adaunas. sometimes a lot.
    if you ship something heavy or expensive use mudanza not a courier!

4. Likes Criss Colon, Smart liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

100% tax on anything is outrageous. I've never paid more than 40% tax on the most frivolous items...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even I know everything above 200 bucks pays adaunas, and I have never imported anything.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a separate home made invoice, but you didnt hear it from me

8. Likes JessicaRabbit liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

so what would be the best way to send a iphone from miami to sdq?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never brought an Iphone, but I have had sent phones of similar values by courier. If I remember correctly, there's a 39% tax on cell phones. So, you do the math. I still find it attractive.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They really don't care what the "Invoice" says you paid.
    They use their HUGE computer listing that includes EVERYTHING sold in the entire World, and what THey say it should cost to enter.
    Really!
    I looked through the book at a "Mudanza" Guy's house once.
    It even has cereal, "Cherrios" if I remember!
    More than a few pounds, Go "Mudanza"!
    Or, I brought in a 700 US Dollar "PC" on Dec. 1st. in my huge "Carry-On"!
    They NEVER check bags at SD airport anymore.
    CCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    They really don't care what the "Invoice" says you paid.
    They use their HUGE computer listing that includes EVERYTHING sold in the entire World, and what THey say it should cost to enter.
    Really!
    I looked through the book at a "Mudanza" Guy's house once.
    It even has cereal, "Cherrios" if I remember!
    We shipped hundreds of items with our MotoCaribe van and trailer, all in 63 boxes.

The aduanas guy would open a box and then look in his book.

12v winch? There. Come-a-long? In it. Portable inverter? Yup. Frisbees? Uh huh. Mask/fins/snorkels. Ditto. 10' tent/awnings? You got it.

Not much gets past them unless they get bored and just ask for a tip to go away and quit digging...

13. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast