Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DHL in the DR, has anyone ever had a good experience?

In my experience, a bunch of unprofessional halfwits who are completely incompetent.

In the last six weeks we have received six shipments. Only one out of the six shipments went without a snag. The other five have been complete disasters and very expensive to remedy.

Does anyone have a good word to say about them?

2. Likes kampinge liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Three times received envelopes sent via DHL, never had a problem, they arrived on time... (US to Bavaro).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have DHL ship from Asia to my EPS address in Miami. The problem is the DR distribution, not getting it to the DR. EPS, IMO, is much more efficient.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used them to send stuff only, no problems so far.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When I receive deliveries by DHL it often takes one or two days more than should. Sending out goes well, delivery overnight, only I have to bring the envelops to their office while it seems impossible for them to being me new envelops and forms, and they can't hand them out in their office.

I prefer FEDEX.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in the US, I had suppliers that would not use DHL, because they called them too rough on the packages and somewhat unreliable. I use either Fedex for really fast requirements and EncargoPaq for the rest.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Received many packages by UPS, Fedex and DHL, US to DR and Europe to DR. Only company which I never had a problem with was DHL, worst was UPS, one shipment took six weeks to get sorted out, problems always occurred in the DR.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

you are going to have problems with all of them. People have been posting about shipping companies for years . I owned an online auto parts store for like 10 years and shipped everywhere in the world. A few excpetions. its great , its bad etc. if you do not like fedex for example, if you ship here by the USPS it actually is shipped by fedex. What you think you get is not always what it is. They all miss deliver, they all lose orders, they all deliver on time, they all cost hahahaha.

ever ship to an indian reservation in USA??? not hard but it can be interesting.
    its just like saying who makes the best hamburger

i have had good service from DHL but no better then fedex ups. etc. Remember REO express hahahahaah is used them to

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    In my experience, a bunch of unprofessional halfwits who are completely incompetent.

In the last six weeks we have received six shipments. Only one out of the six shipments went without a snag. The other five have been complete disasters and very expensive to remedy.

Does anyone have a good word to say about them?
    Try to sent a letter from santiago to Sweden. Cost 1900Peso. Never arrived