XMAS Baskets=Higher Taxes

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
800,000 baskets x $31.25 USD = $25Million USD or $1 Billion RD-

That's real money folks that could go toward paying down those deficits-

But instead let's raise taxes on everything and give out some gift baskets for fun!

Crazy nutty times we live in that just don't make any sense-No Common Sense anywhere-

Good Luck with those higher taxes starting Jan 1st ITBIS and now Food items as well with a graduated scale from 8% to 16% over the next 4 years.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
800,000 baskets x $31.25 USD = $25Million USD or $1 Billion RD-

That's real money folks that could go toward paying down those deficits-

But instead let's raise taxes on everything and give out some gift baskets for fun!

Crazy nutty times we live in that just don't make any sense-No Common Sense anywhere-

Good Luck with those higher taxes starting Jan 1st ITBIS and now Food items as well with a graduated scale from 8% to 16% over the next 4 years.

Paying down deficits does NOT win votes.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
look what obama did. don't complain , I just got the notice from the FDA about how i now owe them $2750 in additional fees starting now and every year because i sell used dental equipment.. this is written into the obama care act. \Republican want to take all your money the lying $#$&* president says. he is the one who lies.but that is USA so never mind. jajajaja

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
speaking of the itbis, i know that it will rise to 18 percent come jan but i had read that at the same time the 10 percent svc charge was going to be elimminated--have not seen anything else on the subject. does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

Not sure if that 10% propina will be eliminated from bills in restaurants-etc. Does anyone have the list of items that will be taxed? There was several threads with links to the items that will be taxed starting at 8% in a few weeks and now I can't find those threads on the forums.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What you read in the "Papers" has no bearing on reality!
"Danilo" told all government agencies to get ready to, "Tighten Your Belts!!!"
The budget for 2013 has big increases for ALL Government agencies.
The "External Debt Service", ($$$$ Owed to international lenders) is 30% of the DR's budget for 2013.
The "Internal Debt Service" (Money owed to Banco Reservas, and other DR Sources) is 12%.
That's 42% of the DR's budget just to pay what they owe creditors.
Danilo must think he's "OBAMA" and his "Gang-Of-Thieves", read "Democrats", or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
History shows no country that has been able to,"Tax It's self into prosperity!"
Maybe the DR, and the USA will be the first??????????????????
I Kinda Phucking Doubt IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My former boss held several cabinet level positions in Balaguer's "Many" terms as "El President".
You could use the trunks his "Canastas" came in every December to bury an elephant, a BIG ELEPHANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOP Shelf "Booze" from around the world!!!
Chocolates,Spainish, cured hams,caviar,Watches, you name it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC