Sosua Traffic Police To Be More Strict

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
According to today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The traffic police of Sos?a will act stricter against traffic violations. This includes strict action against motorcycle drivers without helmet and all road users producing noise disturbance. In recent months, the traffic police (AMET) did not act against motorcyclists not wearing helmets. But the commander of the AMET Juan Javier Polanco Mart?nez announced that this has come to an end. During the holidays there occur, explained the commander the stricter actions, every year more serious traffic accidents causing much human suffering.[/h]
[h=5]AMET[/h] [h=5]With this increased surveillance the commander wants to reduce traffic accidents.[/h]

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How about these morons on their Motos going the wrong way on one way streets and basically making a mockery of all traffice normalcy? That is not important I guess. Only keeping these idiots alive to wreck havoc is.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
According to today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The traffic police of Sos?a will act stricter against traffic violations. This includes strict action against motorcycle drivers without helmet and all road users producing noise disturbance. In recent months, the traffic police (AMET) did not act against motorcyclists not wearing helmets. But the commander of the AMET Juan Javier Polanco Mart?nez announced that this has come to an end. During the holidays there occur, explained the commander the stricter actions, every year more serious traffic accidents causing much human suffering.[/h]
[h=5]AMET[/h] [h=5]With this increased surveillance the commander wants to reduce traffic accidents.[/h]

It's close to Christmas, presents have to be bought. ;)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
It's close to Christmas, presents have to be bought. ;)

Shipment of 75,000 helmets arrived 5 days ago on the North Coast, what better way to sell them than to start enforcing the laws that already exist. Once they sell out of these in a few months, the AMET will then stop issuing multas for this again, cycle repeats itself every year.

Feb 7, 2007
Because it's a suicide for vehicles to drive them in Higuey (the new water system construction since 2 years ago did not leave one stone unturned in the city and streets now look like a 20th class city in Haiti or Somalia) I try not to drive at all in the city, only when going long distcance, but yes I do ride my passola. I have been using the helmet I don't remember since when (and yes I do get joked about by many like "there are no AMETS in the night" or "there are no AMETS in this sector" etc...---yes it look like people put on helmets only because of AMET enforcement---) what I want to say is that NOT wearing a helmet feels UNNATURAL to me ... I mean psychologically I feel weird with no helmet. Mine was stolen (2nd time) about 2 weeks ago, when I parked the passola in front on one store and went in for 5 minutes to get a check from customer and left the helmet on the seat .... when I went looking for a new one, I felt very weird with no helmet on, and was thinking all kind of #$%^T& would happen to me just because of Murphy's law (you know, it's like with insurance, when you have it, nothing happens, when you run out of it/cancel/don't have it, #$% hits the fan...)

There's so many brain donors in this country, especially when transit is concerned, and I guess it really doesn't matter if they crash head on on the pavement without a helmet, because there's no brain left to spill out in the first place ...

chelled

Jan 20, 2013
They are not even motorcycle helmets, only a baseball hardshell helmets. This is what is so funny because they wouldn't even protect your head. Their laws and enforcement only come into play when the police need extra cash which seems to be at their whime. Pay the police a proper wage and perhaps you will receive the a better quality police force. It is all about the cash going into the hand not about the safety of the public. Depending on the day will depend on what law they want to enforce.