Can you bring gifts to DR?

C

Chris0822

Hello everyone...

I am a little new at this, but can you bring along gifts to give to the locals in DR. Like for example, I would like to take with me some small teddy bears and/or stuffed animals to give to some of the ladies and children there. I will be coming from the US.
Would that be a problem to get by customs?

Thanks in advance!!

H

Henry

Yep!

As long as your gifts do not include electronic equipment or are expensive items, which could not be declared as personal belongings - no problem!

Good luck!

Henry

M

Marc

I agree with Henry. Stay away from electronics or other things that may require a bribe to get through customs with. There may be a problem if you bring a whole suitcase of the exact same teddy bears though!

m

N

Nicole

from my experience of going to the DR and bringing gift... i had no problem..... although the receivers of the gifts really didn't appreciate them.... (i brought them US logo t-shirts and other things that i thought they would like, or could use.... hey! i spent a good chunk of change!.... but they didn't like the gifts very much.... they said they weren't expensive enough... go figure!...) hopefully they'll like the teddy bears... :p