Recommendation for a short stay in Punta Cana or surrounding area

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
I will be in the Punta Cana area for 4 days the end of this month, I am not interested in the all-inclusive scene, i just need a place to sleep, essentially.

Any non-all-inclusives you folks could recommend?

Best, annaken

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How long are you going to be in country, I noticed you have started threads in every major city in RD?

Dec 26, 2011
Observant, thanks for taking notice of our posts. We're using the same user name. Looking forward to our trip :)

Ahhhh. Ok. LOL. Thanks for the clarification. How cheap do you want to stay in the PUJ area? I know a cheap place. Then you could go to Playa Macao for a swim and some great seafood on the beach.

Then a couple of days in Juan Dolio. Know a cheap pleasant spot there.

A couple in the zona colonial. Go to the botanical gardens, the faro and eat dinner at Meson D'Bari.

Head up to LT and enjoy the beach there. I recall Feb. is good for seeing whales in Saman?(been years since I did that).

Get back to PUJ and go home.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Ahhhh. Ok. LOL. Thanks for the clarification. How cheap do you want to stay in the PUJ area? I know a cheap place. Then you could go to Playa Macao for a swim and some great seafood on the beach.

Then a couple of days in Juan Dolio. Know a cheap pleasant spot there.

A couple in the zona colonial. Go to the botanical gardens, the faro and eat dinner at Meson D'Bari.

Head up to LT and enjoy the beach there. I recall Feb. is good for seeing whales in Saman?(been years since I did that).

Get back to PUJ and go home.

DAMN.... that's RIGHT... Moby Dick and his crew hit the Samana bay this time of year.... I'm going to be in P.C. end of Feb... but won't have enough time to go up north. Looks like I'm gonna' miss it again this year. :-(

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Check reliablerealtydr.com I know they have some studio apts over top of El dorado Plaza in El cortecito well priced on a per night basis. on a bus route over a grocery store and cafe 400 meters from the beach.