German resident shot, killed in La Mulata this past weekend

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
According to one article Mr. AE read, they've arrested several people, including his 26 yr old "concubina", so I take it he wasn't married to her.

RIP

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
So sad, he was a really nice, sweet man. We used to play tennis together; had a great sense of humor. He will be dearly missed. RIP Ziggy.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Very familiar guy. I often wonder if these guys are aware something nasty will eventually come of having a young woman 45 years their junior, but just go with it and see it as fair trade. Sad, RIP.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Pat, he lived by the New Life Church in La Mulata - all the way at the end in that nice bldg; here most of the year; tennis player, used to play at Hotel Vormar's Tennis Club. Quiet guy, not a big night life person. The Haitian woman may have been his girlfriend of many years.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Age Disparity

Very familiar guy. I often wonder if these guys are aware something nasty will eventually come of having a young woman 45 years their junior, but just go with it and see it as fair trade. Sad, RIP.

The cause is not a relationship with a younger person.
There are many foreigners married to a Dominican or Haitian in a loving and long lasting, long term relationship.
The problem in the DR is that one can trust very few people. Hopefully family and a few select.

Domestic help and casual friends allowed in the residence mostly are the cause.
One never knows their outside connections. Mention of money,valuables, a safe or presence of arms to others
on the outside often initiates a robbery and subsequent killing.
Dominicans are often victims of this, as for instance a recent case in Santo Domingo illustrates.

In the DR sadly trust very few and be extremely selective who you allow into your life.
Here one lives on the edge as we are viewed as rich.
Age disparity is not the cause in my view.

R.I.P. Ziggy

Very sad and undeserved!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The cause is not a relationship with a younger person.
There are many foreigners married to a Dominican or Haitian in a loving and long lasting, long term relationship.
The problem in the DR is that one can trust very few people. Hopefully family and a few select.

Domestic help and casual friends allowed in the residence mostly are the cause.
One never knows their outside connections. Mention of money,valuables, a safe or presence of arms to others
on the outside often initiates a robbery and subsequent killing.
Dominicans are often victims of this, as for instance a recent case in Santo Domingo illustrates.

In the DR sadly trust very few and be extremely selective who you allow into your life.
Here one lives on the edge as we are viewed as rich.
Age disparity is not the cause in my view.

R.I.P. Ziggy

Very sad and undeserved![/QUOTE

This is why most of my friends do not allow people into their homes, excepting for close friends and associates, for whom they can vouch. no chicas. whatsoever. that is what cabanas are for. worse, no guys at all. too much opportunity for them to case the joint, and to figure out how to break in. old caribbean proverb "trust no shadow after dark".

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
This is why most of my friends do not allow people into their homes, excepting for close friends and associates, for whom they can vouch. no chicas. whatsoever. that is what cabanas are for. worse, no guys at all. too much opportunity for them to case the joint, and to figure out how to break in. old caribbean proverb "trust no shadow after dark".

Yep!!! Think the "Bronx" way.

Also watch out for:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nj3M-G0jFdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Here are a few examples:
El Caribe ? Dom?stica asesinada planific? junto a sobrina robo del Evaristo Morales

R. Dominicana: Narcos matan pareja frente a hijo de 1 a?o - eldiariony.com

Latin American Herald Tribune - Cuban-American Couple Killed After Their House Is Robbed in Dominican Republic

None of these cases had to do with age or girlfriends.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yep!!! Think the "Bronx" way.

Also watch out for:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nj3M-G0jFdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hey, BB, i grew up mostly around Commonwealth and Story area. we don't allow questionable people in our apartments.