Looking for a translator + driver

FSobo

Jan 8, 2013
Hi,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope you guys can help me. I have started a new company that has intentions of selling / distributing a new tourist product in the DR.

I will be making a business trip to the DR soon, within a few weeks. I will be focusing on hotels and would like to find someone that can come into meetings and speak to potential clients on my behalf, as well as drive to various locations.

Any ideas on where I can start and some things to avoid doing based on previous experience?

Thanks.

Filip

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Not saying it can't be done, but aren't you facing an uphill battle considering you don't know the language? You're going to rely on an unknown person to pitch your product?

What is the product?

FSobo

Jan 8, 2013
Not saying it can't be done, but aren't you facing an uphill battle considering you don't know the language? You're going to rely on an unknown person to pitch your product?

What is the product?

The product really sells itself it's a new spin on a frisbee that is designed for tourists. Therefore I don't really need the person to pitch the product but yes, you are correct it is risky, but cheaper than finding a person here and paying them to come with me and still having to pay a driver.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Drive/Translator

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope you guys can help me. I have started a new company that has intentions of selling / distributing a new tourist product in the DR.

I will be making a business trip to the DR soon, within a few weeks. I will be focusing on hotels and would like to find someone that can come into meetings and speak to potential clients on my behalf, as well as drive to various locations.

Any ideas on where I can start and some things to avoid doing based on previous experience?

Thanks.

Filip

How long are you coming down for? What part of the country are you interested in visiting? If this is a new type of frisbee I am not sure where targeting hotels would come into play??? I would suggest any popular events, i.e. concerts, festivals etc. The carnival in La Vega probably attracts more people in one place all year long, why not have some nice looking girls tossing them around at all the entrances/exits?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I certainly wish you success with this venture, you know your product.

And I can wholeheartedly recommend the Consierge Driver! No problem with that...

Good Luck.

HB