Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bravo Supermarket: Sunday Closed?

Yesterday, We went to Bravo in Santiago and the sign on the door said Store is closed on Sunday. I didn't realize they were closed on Sunday as I only went there once briefly and it was on Saturday afternoon to see what was all the fuss was about. So is all Bravo closed for Sunday or it's the temporary thing? I guess I'll have to stop by on Wed. to check out the pet store and the supermarket fully.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are closed on Sundays for religious reasons.
    ¿Por qué no abren los supermercados los Domingos?

Porque dedicamos el Domingo para nuestro señor Jesucristo.
    Inicio
    They also have policies on alcohol and cigarette sales for religious and health reasons.

3. Likes Koreano, Criss Colon, waytogo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

wednesday is a national holiday, so it happens. i do not know whether shops will be open and if yes, what will be the closing time. better make it on some other day, especially if you need to drive. unless someone can reassure you bravo will be open on that day.

how's the kitten doing? everyone happy?

check the fancy shmancy section close to the entrance. they have lots of organic and special products, maybe you will find some asian stuff you love and miss? just by that section they also have fresh cheese, made on the spot. very nice. give it a go!

5. Likes Koreano liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there last Sunday around 5:00 or 5:30 and they were open...I made a mental note that they stay open later than Nacional on Sundays...

Could have been because of the last Sunday in Feb/Carnaval?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't open Sunday's in Santo Domingo, never have.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    wednesday is a national holiday, so it happens. i do not know whether shops will be open and if yes, what will be the closing time. better make it on some other day, especially if you need to drive. unless someone can reassure you bravo will be open on that day.

how's the kitten doing? everyone happy?

check the fancy shmancy section close to the entrance. they have lots of organic and special products, maybe you will find some asian stuff you love and miss? just by that section they also have fresh cheese, made on the spot. very nice. give it a go!
    This picture will talk volume.

It's Koreano Jr. and Nabi.

On Friday Nabi decided to escape while my wife was paying for Pizza, on Saturday night he decide to comeback and started to meowing in front of our door. My guess is he had very rough 1 1/2 day because he seems less eager to escape. He's been eating like no tomorrow though. I told my wife to limit he's diet to three serving per day.

Great tips on Bravo.

9. Likes CFA123, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

both so cute! i'm glad you all turned out to be cat people after all
    do not limit the food for the kitty thou. when small they need a lot. nabi is also burning a lot, running around and playing, so this is fine. and i noticed many cats here eat like crazy, maybe it's not having too much food before being homed?

11. Likes Koreano liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Best day to go to Bravo is tuesday, 36% discount on all fruits and vegetables, the big thing about bravo being that they actually discount imported stuff too unlike other supermarkets. they also had sabretts hotdogs on a 2x1 sale and i bought 25 packs of em. I am watching prices raise on all my favorite products tho so that's a bit of a bummer.

13. Likes Koreano liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    both so cute! i'm glad you all turned out to be cat people after all
    do not limit the food for the kitty thou. when small they need a lot. nabi is also burning a lot, running around and playing, so this is fine. and i noticed many cats here eat like crazy, maybe it's not having too much food before being homed?
    Will do...
    I just didn't want a fat lazy cat. I wanted playful good hunting cat.
    But healthy comes first...
    I have lifted 3 serving per day limit for now and went back to all he can eat...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Best day to go to Bravo is tuesday, 36% discount on all fruits and vegetables, the big thing about bravo being that they actually discount imported stuff too unlike other supermarkets. they also had sabretts hotdogs on a 2x1 sale and i bought 25 packs of em. I am watching prices raise on all my favorite products tho so that's a bit of a bummer.
    Great advice.
    I'll pass on this information to my wife...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast