Painting a pool...

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Again the pool requires painting. I was told about some liner you could install which would last for about 10 years. Does anyone have any info on this process? Also, does anyone have any info on a way to repaint a pool to make the paint last longer? I am trying to decide what is best?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
If your pool wasn’t built for a liner, you will have to have a custom liner made, and then they don’t last more than 5 to 7 years here due to the heat and UV rays. You’re best option is to tile with glass tiles. They are good for 25 years and also cut chemical usage by half.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It must be hard to paint a pool. Holding your breath under water for such a long time must require years of training.

This post has been sponsored by The Clown Bin....

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Again the pool requires painting. I was told about some liner you could install which would last for about 10 years. Does anyone have any info on this process? Also, does anyone have any info on a way to repaint a pool to make the paint last longer? I am trying to decide what is best?
Thanks
!
I can't say enough good things about Walter and his Company. If you need a pool restored, fixed or built look them up at: dominicanpools.com

May 8, 2009
light acid wash

you are lucky to get five years out of any paint

I read online somewhere that you can lightly acid wash the paint to get more life out of it, especially if it is chalking. I will be trying this in the next few months for a client of mine to see if it is true.

Cc

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
It must be hard to paint a pool. Holding your breath under water for such a long time must require years of training.

You are right Castle! I painted my poor by poring buckets of blue paint in the water, then, I drained it, and the whole pool was painted blue. Later as it was dry, I added it clear water. It is much easier that way.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think "JASON" is just building up the thread count!
Will he be giving us all a "Sandwich" soon???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Why paint it ??

Recoat it w/ plaster or cement and color the material if you want to...... white pools = blue water

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006

I know fish breeders have the same problem.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Brazilian "Lung Fish" can breed out of water!
Can't say how "Slippery When Wet" they are.
Doesn't actually matter, fish fertilize their eggs as an "Out-Of-Body-Experience".
Male fish disregard the "OLD TESTAMENT", and, "Spill Their SEED Upon The Ground!!!!
Me TOO!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC