Orange - problem receiving internetional SMS/text message

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey guys,

anyone having the same problem currently?

i have a orange prepaid and cant receive international text messages for some days now.
it worked until like 2 weeks ago when i tested it the last time.

will go to orange later on, just want to be sure its "me".

thanks,
chris

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Hey guys,

anyone having the same problem currently?

i have a orange prepaid and cant receive international text messages for some days now.
it worked until like 2 weeks ago when i tested it the last time.

will go to orange later on, just want to be sure its "me".

thanks,
chris
Have you credit on the phone

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As I understand phone systems here, there is no charge to receive text messages, so as long as you still have an "active" number" despite having no credit left to make a call or send a text, you should be able to receive calls and messages. That is how it works on my wife's phone using Orange as the carrier.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Have you credit on the phone

recharged 3 days ago, before it seems my balance was negative.
I can receive calls and local short messages.

there should be no charges for receiving short messages, that's also the way i understand it.

just wondering because only international texts don't work, and i tried several gateways.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Same problem here.
Using a computer program, the messages do not reach to orange mobile number in the DR.
Was working fine until about last monday.
Direct text message from european mobile to the orange number does work, but is too expensive for frequent use.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Same problem here.
Using a computer program, the messages do not reach to orange mobile number in the DR.
Direct text message from european mobile to the orange number does work, but is too expensive for frequent use.

Messages sent from computers don't go directly to the destination carrier's network. They go into a big queue of messages and then the broker send thems to the carrier. The carrier can shut down a broker at any time by many reasons (ie unpaid bills). Messages from carrier to carrier are sent directly from one SMSC to the other.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I have a iphone and put money into it and three days later it says i must pay because i am Close to O pesos. I HAVE THE WIFI OFF .ANYONE suggest y this might be happening? This is the 3rd time i have paid money into the officand several days later i am close to empty NOTusing it!

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Same problem here.

thanks, tested it yesterday from an austrian cell phone and it did not arrive either.

need it for my internet banking, so kinda annoying the whole thing.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I have a iphone and put money into it and three days later it says i must pay because i am Close to O pesos. I HAVE THE WIFI OFF .ANYONE suggest y this might be happening? This is the 3rd time i have paid money into the officand several days later i am close to empty NOTusing it!

Do you use data?. I know Claro charges you per Kb if you don't have prepaid data. By the way, WiFi does not incur in charges against your balance.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yes. Been having the same issue with certain orange phones not getting my texts (Direct from a US phone). Sometimes they get through (maybe 1 out of every 5).

Arrugula: It seems that if you turn Wi-Fi off your phone may be trying to connect to the 3g network to access data, thus using up your credit.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
My problems are solved.(gone)
Messages do arrive again :)

There seemed to be some kind of problem with a carrier.....
Anyway I'm happy things work fine now.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003

You have to turn off mobile data. Not sure how thats done on an iphone.

In the meantime, leave wifi on, that way all your data goes through wifi ( as long as youre in wifi range and the iphone chooses wifi over mobile data-not sure on that one).

I didnt even know you could send and receive international text messages. I remember trying to text my parents years ago and they never received them so I gave up.