Las Terrenas - Hotels & Area Need Info

Ola Amigos

I will be traveling to DR next week & want to go to LT.

Want to stay at a place that is guest friendly ;)

I will be with 1 or 2 other friends and want to stay near playa & the bars/ restaurants

But NOT above the bars & restaurants. A place where it will be somewhat quiet after 1am.

Looking to spend no more than 2500 pesos per night, per room.

Hotel Casas Del Mar Neptunia is booked. That looked good, so something similar.

Also

Where are the bars - Duarte? Between what streets? I'd like to view on a map where all the action is, so that when I'm booking a hotel - I can see via map where we're located to bars/action.

Thanks Rhyno

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Ok, if you want local action, either the Pirata Bar(hooker hangout)opens around 10PM or La Bodega Disc which is to the right of the Pirata Bar up the stairs and proceed inside. A lot of locals there for dancing. Busy mainly Fri, Sat and Sun nights. These are across from Paseo Plaza and the cemetery. Down at Playa Las Terrenas in the Fisherma's Village, a series of bars and restaurants all in a row. Gaia Discoteca is directly across the street. This is where most of the "activity" is. rd2400pesos is not much for a room for 3 people. Probably for $65 a night you might be able to get into Hotel/Residence El Paseo. This is literally a 3 minute walk from the Pirata and La Bodega. It is situated back from the street and is quiet. You also have a great French Cafe/ bakery in the same direction. Google the hotel to get the phone #. This is probably ideal for you. There is a large parking lot there your car. You are about a 7 minute walk to Fisherman's Village and the beach. Good luck.

LTSteve

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The main discos are on the main street.. The Bodega will run til late and Nuevo Mundo til even later.

Be careful who you take back to your room

The Girls have their own Bar, called Ibiza and their Own House, right across the street.

better than taking anyone back to a hotel room where you might have passports and watches and extra cash

jus sayin

Ok, if you want local action, either the Pirata Bar(hooker hangout)opens around 10PM or La Bodega Disc which is to the right of the Pirata Bar up the stairs and proceed inside. A lot of locals there for dancing. Busy mainly Fri, Sat and Sun nights. These are across from Paseo Plaza and the cemetery. Down at Playa Las Terrenas in the Fisherma's Village, a series of bars and restaurants all in a row. Gaia Discoteca is directly across the street. This is where most of the "activity" is. rd2400pesos is not much for a room for 3 people. Probably for $65 a night you might be able to get into Hotel/Residence El Paseo. This is literally a 3 minute walk from the Pirata and La Bodega. It is situated back from the street and is quiet. You also have a great French Cafe/ bakery in the same direction. Google the hotel to get the phone #. This is probably ideal for you. There is a large parking lot there your car. You are about a 7 minute walk to Fisherman's Village and the beach. Good luck.

LTSteve

LT
Thanks for info. First I'm talking about 1 person per room.

Also please give street names. And cross streets, so I can tell where the main bars are & so I can calculate a proper distance.

And as far as security, I'm guessing each room has a safe. I never carry that much on me & I've never had a problem while down there. I've been to DR before, just not Samana area.

Sent from celly via Tapatalk 2

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
My wife says there are no rooms available in Las Terrenas for semana santa. She will be staying with friends there for a few days that week. First make sure you have somewhere to stay and then make your plans from there.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Yes, easter week is the week after. Still, it's a busy time. I'm just suggesting you make sure you have a place to stay first and then make your plans from there.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
there are only three streets in the village

las terrenas at semana santa would be the last place on earth where i would want to be

smart people who live there go away if they can

people camp on the beach

there are no toilets

there is a MASS of cars with boom boxes on Punto Poppy

uggghhhhllllllyyyyyyyyyy

Yes, easter week is the week after. Still, it's a busy time. I'm just suggesting you make sure you have a place to stay first and then make your plans from there.

Thanks

there are only three streets in the village

las terrenas at semana santa would be the last place on earth where i would want to be

smart people who live there go away if they can

people camp on the beach

there are no toilets

there is a MASS of cars with boom boxes on Punto Poppy

uggghhhhllllllyyyyyyyyyy

But will it be that loco next week?? Talking 3/18 to 3/20 - Easter is 3/31

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
i do not know what AZS is but there are daily flights to portillo from sdq

costs about the same as a cab.. around two hundred .. or maybe you can get a cab for less if you can get one from LT to meet you at the airport.

I know that Colibri can send a taxi for you if you stay with them . They have apartments for rent with kitchens.

you can PM LT steve who can give you the links for the plane times

try LT 7. com or LT live /// there is a lot on google , especially in French

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The local airport in Las Terrenas "El Portillo" was closed for re-surfacing and it never re-opened, it most likely will not.

There are private flights with Aerodomca from the capital to El Catey (AZS) for around 450 US$ each way.
There is the local airport in Samana "Arroyo Barril" but it's not interesting to fly into if you are heading to LT, the drive is around 45 mins while the drive from El Catey is 20 mins.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This is one of the busier times of the year for tourists. You are at the peak of high season. It may be difficult to find the type of accommodations that you are looking for. Easter week many people come up from Santo Domingo. Forget it than. You may have to pay a bit more for your rooms but hopefully you will get lucky. Like I said before try Hotel/Residence El Paseo, best bet for being central to everything.

LTSteve

This is one of the busier times of the year for tourists. You are at the peak of high season. It may be difficult to find the type of accommodations that you are looking for. Easter week many people come up from Santo Domingo. Forget it than. You may have to pay a bit more for your rooms but hopefully you will get lucky. Like I said before try Hotel/Residence El Paseo, best bet for being central to everything.

LTSteve

Yes I know Semana Santa is a very busy time, but with the dates we're looking at next week, I think we should be OK. I've emailed a few hotels last night so I guess we see what pops up.

Thanks all

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Depending on what time you arrive in Santo Domingo there is a bus that goes to LT. Transporte Las Terrenas leaves SD and you can pick it up at their bus depot just before the entrance to the highway to the Samana Peninsula. The bus leaves everyday at 8:30, 9:30, 11:30 AM and 1:40 and 3PM. It takes about 20-30 minutes from Santo Domingo to their satellite bus depot. You can take a taxi from the airport to this bus depot. It costs $20usd for the taxi, then catch the bus. It drops you off across the street from Paseo Plaza. The bus cost about $9usd. If you want to pay in pesos hit the ATM at the airport before you walk out to get a taxi. Good luck. Even though you are coming the week before Easter holiday the town will still be very busy. This is probably the busiest month of the year. Good luck.

LTSteve

blancoman1970

Mar 9, 2013
Look into securing room at Hotel Paseo for easy commute to Pirata Bar.

Does Pirata Bar serve cranberry juice drinks for Skippy?