Dominican American nominated as Secretary of Labor

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good for him!

Why does a country even need a secretary of labor? Can't they get their own coffee and donuts?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No but here is one of the few opinion articles I found on him when I was doing that story for Diario Libre. It seems that he would not be well appreciated here in the DR, if his policies were imposed like he is trying to do in the US!!
See: Thomas Perez: Obama's one-man Gestapo

HB

He is Harvard and JFK School of Government educated, so he was probably the result of Affirmative Action, like Hussain and Michelle...But who knows? At least he does not visit the DR and La Romana..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Barry" H Obama!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Right "HB", a "Secretary of LABOR", who has NEVER held a JOB!

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
No but here is one of the few opinion articles I found on him when I was doing that story for Diario Libre. It seems that he would not be well appreciated here in the DR, if his policies were imposed like he is trying to do in the US!!

HB

He is Harvard and JFK School of Government educated, so he was probably the result of Affirmative Action, like Hussain and Michelle...But who knows? At least he does not visit the DR and La Romana..

you mean that he could not have gotten in on merit?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
With "Affirmative Action", we will NEVER Know!
I worked at a Harvard Univ. teaching hospital in Boston for 25 years, starting in 1971.
When the affirmative action med students started coming in.
Many were going to become good doctors, some, "No Chance"!
Problem was, they all got lumped in as "Affirmative Action" appointments, which stigmatized those who deserved to be there based on merit, and not skin color.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

fdttwin

Feb 14, 2011
HB

He is Harvard and JFK School of Government educated, so he was probably the result of Affirmative Action, like Hussain and Michelle...But who knows? At least he does not visit the DR and La Romana..[/QUOTE]

Hillbilly, You and your students should prove that all of you are better than affirmative action students, like you claim President Obama and the First Lady are by taking US college entrance exams and filing applicants at Harvard or any other elite college or university in the US. If the impossible occurs and any of you are accepted, you should complete your course of study and then take the law school admission test, and learn if your scores are adequate for admission to an elite university in the United States. If the impossible again takes place and any of you are accepted in a law shcool in the United States, try to complete the course of study and then try to pass a bar examination, like the President and the First Lady. Thus, instead of attacking their intelligence and accomplishments, prove that you can do what they did at Harvard and on the bar exam. While I believe you are a professor in the DR, there is not one college or univisertiy in the DR that is respected anywhere in the US and almost anywhere in the world. They don't even rate with the fourth rated schools in the US.

Better yet, instead of trying to do what the President and his wife did, you and your students should try to do what my brothers and I have done. We were forced to attend segregated schools for most of our eduction. We later attend a poor white working class high school in New York State. We then went to college on affirmative actions programs in the 1970's, and then to professional schools. Two of us became attorneys and one became a certifed public accountant. We passed some of the most difficult exams to achieve our licenses. So why don't you and and your students do the same here in the United States. They don't even have a bar exam in the DR. And any person with resources can become a professional. Two of my friends are dentists in the DR and I would not let them brush a dog teeth.

Don't worry about too many people with resources travelling to the DR. People with resources do not go there. I first went in 1981 with people I met through the DR Embassy. I stopped about five years ago and could not get anyone to go because the tourists visting there are too poor and uneducated. White people with resources do not go to places where white people without resourcers go.

People in glass houses should not throw stones (Excuse any typos, I have an appointment with a person with real money.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

HB

Oh brother....that's some opinion piece.
Hillbilly, surely you didn't get to where you are in life without having been warned to always "consider the source."
.........To each his own and all that but come on, really?!!?

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I have always thought Hillbilly was a big fish in a small pond. I guess he couldn't cut it in the USA.

fdttwin

Feb 14, 2011
"Barry" H Obama!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Right "HB", a "Secretary of LABOR", who has NEVER held a JOB!

Robert's excellent work with DR1 is being destroyed because of your and other people's racist remarks and comparisions. Some of us view Robert's DR1 to learn more about the DR and its people. Instead you want to provide irrelevant infromation about your great life in the US before the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related laws. Prior thereto, it was lawfully to discrimante against non-white males. Blacks were not even permitted to compete in some sports against white males and for some positions. As a result, affirmative action programs have been needed to ease the discrimination against non-white males.

The world has changed since you were working at Harvard in 1970's. The smartest people are the Asians and there are 3 billons of them just in China and India. Competition is now allowed in sports and non-whites can compete on an equal level with white males. And, may the best person win. So when you speak about affirmative action and if people can past a test, just remenber that you,a white male, was born when discrimination was legal. I passed the New York State Bar and District of Columbia Bar. Whatprofessional test did you pass. Also, My four bedroom home is in downtown DC and my office overlooking the park near the White House. You already described your living situation in prior post.

My intention is not to insult anyone. I am also just a pawn in this game among the rich and powerful. I just don't like unqualifed people questioning other people solely because of their race. If you want to attack the President's policies, that fine. But to be fair, if you want to attack his education achievements, than tell use what elite college you attended and want professional test you passed in a reputable country.

Peace

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Robert's excellent work with DR1 is being destroyed because of your and other people's racist remarks and comparisions. Some of us view Robert's DR1 to learn more about the DR and its people. Instead you want to provide irrelevant infromation about your great life in the US before the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related laws. Prior thereto, it was lawfully to discrimante against non-white males. Blacks were not even permitted to compete in some sports against white males and for some positions. As a result, affirmative action programs have been needed to ease the discrimination against non-white males.

The world has changed since you were working at Harvard in 1970's. The smartest people are the Asians and there are 3 billons of them just in China and India. Competition is now allowed in sports and non-whites can compete on an equal level with white males. And, may the best person win. So when you speak about affirmative action and if people can past a test, just remenber that you,a white male, was born when discrimination was legal. I passed the New York State Bar and District of Columbia Bar. Whatprofessional test did you pass. Also, My four bedroom home is in downtown DC and my office overlooking the park near the White House. You already described your living situation in prior post.

My intention is not to insult anyone. I am also just a pawn in this game among the rich and powerful. I just don't like unqualifed people questioning other people solely because of their race. If you want to attack the President's policies, that fine. But to be fair, if you want to attack his education achievements, than tell use what elite college you attended and want professional test you passed in a reputable country.

Peace

There was nothing mention about race in the article and HillBilly is 100% Latin, married to a 100% Dominicana. I see no attack on President Obama but he's a politician, he's fair game. Sounds like a big plank is on your shoulder. Many people, including those that are non-white do not see affirmative action in a positive light.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I am taken aback by the level of hatred flowing to Obama and his wife. I am sure race has alot to do with it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is the first AND FINAL warning.

No more posts about race.

This thread is about the nomination of a Dominican-American to a US cabinet post.

fdttwin

Feb 14, 2011
There was nothing mention about race in the article and HillBilly is 100% Latin, married to a 100% Dominicana. I see no attack on President Obama but he's a politician, he's fair game. Sounds like a big plank is on your shoulder. Many people, including those that are non-white do not see affirmative action in a positive light.

Is this the same Hillybilly who collected funds from others, like myself, for the Santiago Tarfiff Orphange and then ingnored people's inquires for an undate and an accountability? As a result of his disappearing act, Robert closed the post.

And, what Dominicans don't discrimnate or say inappropriate things? I am not attacking him or anyone because they oppose affrirmative acton but I am attacking their statement or inferences that people who passed a bar examination are not qulafied.

'And, a person with just a little eduication know that when affrirmative actions and the names of Afro-American are mentioned. people are talking about race.

Status
Not open for further replies.