New Pope from Canada - Congratulations

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I am just guessing. Marc Ouellet would be a good choice? no?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Folks, it's all good with bob:

He once met a man who has a friend whose neighbor went to school with someone from Chile... and that's right next door. So bob knows all about Argentina and the new pope.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Folks, it's all good with bob:

He once met a man who has a friend whose neighbor went to school with someone from Chile... and that's right next door. So bob knows all about Argentina and the new pope.

ctually my first girlfriend was from Argentina. Pure Italian. I'll put in a good word for you fallen angels but I'm afraid I 'm probably too late.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I missed the whole thing. Windyguy said it would take what 8 to 10 days so I went out shopping after I last posted this afternoon.:)

So our new Pope is Argentine Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio and he has chosen the name Pope Francis. I like the sound of that.

Bronzie, I lost the bet but I don't mind sending out that cheque. Looks like it won't be the end of the world yet. :)

I'll contact Wud and find out where to send it

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
ctually my first girlfriend was from Argentina. Pure Italian. I'll put in a good word for you fallen angels but I'm afraid I 'm probably too late.

xlarge_0816_sixdegrees.jpg

I will take the blessings (I don't discriminate) :)

Grazie Mille or Gracias :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Oh bobby, bobby...Me thinks you like the attention.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I find it interesting the new pope took the name Francis (as a reference to St. Francis), even though he's a Jesuit from what I understand. I guess he considers himself humble as St. Francis, but if that's the case why not be a Franciscan?

Upon reading more about the candidates I really think the right guy should have been O'Malley. It is really the kind of guy the church needs at this juncture (Someone with fresh ideas, willing to not cover up the Church's misdeeds, and humble as they come) and if the people had a voice I think he would have gotten the nod. Unfortunately the ones electing the new pope are a bunch of old guys, somewhat disconnected from reality themselves, so they will continue with the same old line that's losing them millions of "souls".

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
. . . and if he once -- just once -- mentions the Malvinas, I'll never go to mass again.

Won't be hard since I'm not RC.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

You dated an Italian woman from Argentina??? Bob you are (how to I say this) GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW Bob I am not joking here what so ever, but you need to write a book on your whole life because the short time I have read your post, I find some of the things very interesting. You have ties to like 57 different countries and I want to hear how you ended up in DR and what made you happy, sad,in love, ups, downs etc.

The book should be titled" The man behind the name Bob Saunders"