Ground Transportation SDQ to Punta Cana

hnf8705

Apr 10, 2013
Hola!

My family and I are headed to Punta Cana next week and I REALLY need help finding CHEAP ground transportation.. Our flight is into SDQ and not PUJ. :( At the time of purchase, the flights to SDQ were much much less than into PUJ. To the point that ground transfer for the four of us would be less. Our airline also doesn't fly into PUJ so paying a change fee to fly there is not an option.

I also thought we'd be able to take a CaribeTours or some sort of coach bus for about US $10 each but it doesnt appear to pick up at the SDQ airport! I also noticed the last bus leaves Santo Domingo at 4pm. Our flight gets in at 3:30. Then we'd have to get a taxi to the bus station. We wont make it.

I'm trying to find the cheapest/quickest way to get to Barcelo Punta Cana from SDQ. I should mention I'm trying to avoid expensive rip-off airport taxis. I have been researching since i bought the flights a month ago and still don't know the best way to do this! I'm hoping someone with inside information can help me out!

Yo hablo espanol. But my mom and two sisters do not. There are four of us travelling. ANY help is MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

hnf8705

Apr 10, 2013
Contact Bronly de Jesus at ibkservicios@gmail.com, 809 299 0582. Several board members can recommend him to you.

Thanks sooo much Kate! I contacted them and we had an Awesome driver for our transportation!

Anyone needing transport from the SDQ airport to the Punta Cana area: I HIGHLY recommend Angel from IBK services! Tell him Hayley says hola and ask him to play the Pollito Pio song! :D

hnf8705

Apr 10, 2013
What was the cost to have him drive you to Punta Cana?

How much did he charge you?

Hey! Sorry I didnt see these posts. At the time i needed transportation, i needed info ASAP so i posted both here in East Coast and Santo Domingo forums. You may want to follow the whole conversation there. It has the same title but it is under the Santo Domingo instead of East Coast.. This is what i posted there when i returned:

"Hey everyone! So I'm back from P.C. (sadly). It was a GREAT trip! We ended up confirming transportation with IBK services (index ) It ended up costing $135. Our driver , Angel, was amazing! He truly fits his name as he is one of the most kind-hearted, thoughtful people I have ever met. I speak Spanish so we talked a lot or I interpreted for my family. He does know some English as well. We talked a lot about God (as we are both Christians), his wife and two children, and the beautiful Dominican Republic! He picked us up in a gray mini-van with A/C. Plenty of room for the four of us to stretch out and relax on the 2.5 hour drive. We also stopped at a place in La Romana to buy souveniers and snacks.

He was such an exceptional driver and so admirably considerate that we decided to hire him again for the ride back to the SDQ airport instead of taking the bus. We figured it would be better since we'd have to take a taxi on both ends of the bus ride anyways. In return, we stopped at an orphanage that we had an opportunity to bless financially and be blessed by some of the sweetest children. The return cost was $140.

So even though our ground transport cost a total of $275.00, we still came out cheaper since the flight to PUJ would have been $600.00 more for the four of us. AND we had the benefit of learning more about the place we were visiting, give back to the country, and make wonderful new friends. I'd say we definitely came out on top! I really hope to return soon to the D.R.!"

Let me know if you have ANY questions and I'll check this blog more in the next few days.. Seriously though, Angel is a GREAT driver.. If you choose him, please tell him HAYLEY DICE(dee-say) HOLA, and you MUST ask him to play the Pollito Pio song!!

hnf8705

Apr 10, 2013
I also have a post in the NEW INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. It is titled: "New! Headed to Punta Cana next week!" That also has information on this same topic. Like i said, I posted all over because i needed info FAST. Hope this helps!